British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Partnership visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/partnership-visa-924269/)

Bexsball Apr 18th 2019 10:24 am

Partnership visa

hey,

please can someone help, feeling very anxious, my partner and I have been together around 9 months, we were planning on living together, and it states that you have to be living together at the time of application for a partnership visa.

However I’ve been offered a job in the last week and obviously can’t prove this, and even if he moved in with me in the next month, prior to our visa application would he still be considered?

escapedtonz Apr 19th 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Partnership visa

Probably not what you want to hear but it is unlikely that you meet the partnership criteria simply because you don't live together.
In the eyes of Immigration, to prove you are in a genuine loving stable relationship you should at least be living together and sharing your lives when you apply for a visa via the partnership category. As you know the visa info specifies you must be living together at the time of application.
If you have been living together for less than 12 months then yes he will still be considered as he still qualifies but it means he could only get a visa that lasted up to 12 months as opposed to 2 years if you'd have been living together for more than 12 months.
Your only chance is to live together now and maybe delay visa application a little so you have some time under your belts living together ?

Bexsball Apr 19th 2019 1:14 pm

So say he moved in now, and then applied in a month and then by the time everything was in place it would be around the 8 month mark, would that stand us a better chance?

Also, if they had a work visa for an accredited company I thought that was still 2 years or have I got that wrong? Thanks

escapedtonz Apr 19th 2019 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Bexsball (Post 12673096)
So say he moved in now, and then applied in a month and then by the time everything was in place it would be around the 8 month mark, would that stand us a better chance?

Also, if they had a work visa for an accredited company I thought that was still 2 years or have I got that wrong? Thanks

Everything is calculated from the date of application with Visas, so if he applied in a months time then that is how long Immigration will consider you to have been living together. Processing for these types of temporary visas are pretty fast. More like a few weeks and travel within 3 months.

Will you be applying for a temporary work visa - e.g. talent/accredited employer since you have a job offer from an accredited company ?

MrsFychan Apr 20th 2019 10:12 am

How old are you both?

he could apply for a WHV, 24mths, and come over on that and you live together here then apply from here after 12mths (?).
Or he could apply for his own visa if he has any appropriate skills.

Bexsball May 2nd 2019 1:22 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12673392)
How old are you both?

he could apply for a WHV, 24mths, and come over on that and you live together here then apply from here after 12mths (?).
Or he could apply for his own visa if he has any appropriate skills.

What is a WHV?

Sorry i meant to write he’s been offered a job! Yes a talent visa is what he is applying for.

sorry just to ask? I’m getting so confused, if per say I was accepted for a partnership visa, would I be able to add my children onto that one? or is it separate?

i am the biological parent, but obviously he’s getting the talent visa! Please help x

escapedtonz May 2nd 2019 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Bexsball (Post 12678211)

What is a WHV?

Sorry i meant to write he’s been offered a job! Yes a talent visa is what he is applying for.

sorry just to ask? I’m getting so confused, if per say I was accepted for a partnership visa, would I be able to add my children onto that one? or is it separate?

i am the biological parent, but obviously he’s getting the talent visa! Please help x

Working Holiday Visa. It is intended for young people who wish to travel and work for an extended holiday period. Not needed by you as you are going down the route of partner applying for a talent visa with a job offer and you going for a partnership visa.
No you can't add children to either of those visas. They would have to apply for visas based on the family stream - dependent child visitor or dependent child study (depending if they are school age or not).