Partnership visa ???

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Bev6 has a spectacular aura aboutBev6 has a spectacular aura aboutBev6 has a spectacular aura about
Default Partnership visa ???

Hi all,

My name is Bev (26) and myself and husband Adrian (32) are planning on moving to NZ next year ASAP. We are currently in Perth having relocated here from the UK in October 2007 but are not happy due to the heat being very restrictive.

As Adrian is already a PR here in oz he will automatically get granted PR on arrival in NZ - I am however a tempory resident in oz and am wondering how long it would take me to obtain my PR if I apply for the partnership visa. I have been told that if you enter NZ with your spouse who is a PR of oz you will be granted PR also. This seems a bit to good to be true - any info regarding this visa would be really helpful. I just can't seem to find the answers on the immigration website. How long has it taken others out there to obtain their PR via tihs route??

I also have my parents with me in Perth who want to join us in NZ and I would like to sponsor them. Obviously I can't kick off this process until I have been granted my PR. I am a registered nurse and guess I could go over on a work visa and get PR that way but I am expecting my first child any day now and not sure how soon I will be able to get back to work. Everything seems so complicated. Has anyone else had issues with sponsoring parents? Its such a long process and doesn't seem fair that your split up for 3 years

Bev & Adrian