Partnership Temp Visa

Old Jun 15th 2015, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

dannyc2thab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partnership Temp Visa

Hi all,

Just after a bit of advice on which way to go as my OH has a job offer in NZ & been advised by her future employer to apply for the Essential skills visa. We are looking to go over & apply for residence further down the line as we have spent quite a bit of time there previously & love it.

However I am struggling for points on my own EOI without a job offer, I have City & Guilds electrical trade certs & 4 years UK experience. Was wondering what the process would be for me applying for a partnership temp working visa to join my OH along with her application?

Cheers

Dan
Old Jun 15th 2015, 7:54 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partnership Temp Visa

Hi, If you can prove that you are a couple and live your daily lives together and can show evidence of that for more than 12mths you can uplift a visa off the back of your partners as long as she is getting a permanent visa and not just a temp one.
what does you OH do and have you checked out that she has enough points for a visa using the points indicator on the immigration site? https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/
also see the sticky above to see what points you can claim for
Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi, cheers for your reply. Yes we can get evidence as been together for 7 years, my OH is a Physio & has a permanent job offer for 3 years & been given the option to increase this if needs be. My OH also has enough points on the indicator form. With regards to my OHs visa being perm or temp & me getting my own visa from that I thought the Essential skills visa was only temp? If so would my OH be better applying for the skilled visa & going down that route? Cheers again!
Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:31 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If you've been living together for at least 12 months then it makes more sense to apply as a 'partnership' so to speak.

When it comes to residency and the Skilled Migrant Category, one of you is the principal candidate and the other goes on the same EOI as the non principal candidate. The one with a job offer and over 100 points should be the principal candidate - that would be your partner.

If your partner applies for an Essential Skills work visa then you can apply for an 'open' work visa under partnership. This allows you to do any job.Family Stream
The reason her employer may suggest a Work Visa is that they tend to be issued a lot quicker than the SMC hence she can start work sooner. One option is to apply for the work visa and also submit an EOI at the same time. As I said you both go on the same EOI.
And yes, the Work Visa is temporary only

Hope this helps
P
Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

That helps loads, thanks muchos to you both! Think we'll look at the Essential skills visa / open work visa and take it from there. Thanks

Dan