Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

(Partner Visa) Immigration officer requires more evidence

(Partner Visa) Immigration officer requires more evidence

Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all
Default (Partner Visa) Immigration officer requires more evidence

Hi all,

It's been a couple of months since I was last active on here... Sent off my application (for the second time, after the "N/A" fiasco...) at the end of July. But I have finally received some kind of communication from my immigration officer!

Initial assessment has been completed, but my relationship evidence was apparently not sufficient and they require more bills and statements for our shared address... I thought that I gave more than necessary to be honest! They also didn't seem to count our tenancy agreement dating back to 2013 for some reason. They just didn't include it in their accepted evidence. Not sure why!

But no problem, it's inconvenient but I can get more historical statements and bills sent out to them.

However, they also put:

Please provide a chronology of your relationship- dates and places, how, when and where you met, how your relationship developed, when you began living together and what your immediate and future plans as a couple are?
How detailed does this have to be? I did include in my initial application a short timeline of sorts. Milestones, holidays, etc. Are they expecting a novel? As love stories go, mine and my partner's isn't particularly exciting to be honest... No offence, but I can't imagine most people's are!

As for plans... what kind of plans? We have some "pie in the sky" aspirations, sure, but nothing really that I would called "planned".

Any examples of what you've submitted for this relationship chronology document? Please advise.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice
Default Re: (Partner Visa) Immigration officer requires more evidence

Argh, how frustrating! I think (from what I have read in other posts) you could send screenshots of any facebook posts, messages or emails to each other from the early days. Proof of holidays together. Perhaps even get personal references from friends and family confirming your relationship?

I am sure the helfpul folks on here will be able to give you more helpful examples.

The good news is that you are at the final hurdle!
Old Oct 30th 2017, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MrsCakey
Argh, how frustrating! I think (from what I have read in other posts) you could send screenshots of any facebook posts, messages or emails to each other from the early days. Proof of holidays together. Perhaps even get personal references from friends and family confirming your relationship?

I am sure the helfpul folks on here will be able to give you more helpful examples.

The good news is that you are at the final hurdle!
Yup, I attached all that. Screenshots of emails and chat logs together going back YEARS (mainly things like "What's for dinner? I'm hungry..." )

We had a couple of personal references written from my sister and our friends. Even screenshots of emails from each other's families. e.g. His family wishing me a happy birthday, my grandparents thanking my partner for visiting them, etc.

We sent printed photos of us on holidays, complete with the relevant flight/holiday booking documentation attached.

All this was in addition to joint bills and statements, that they apparently require more of as well as the chronology of our relationship.

Seems that there is a checklist of some sort that they must go by, would be nice to see the exact requirements to prevent all this backwards and forwards malarky!
Old Oct 30th 2017, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice

It does sound like you sent everything that is needed. How odd. Hope you are about to get some clarification on what else is required
Old Oct 30th 2017, 6:46 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with MrsC see what they want, seems like you have a jobsworth for a CO.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

How annoying, I sent everything you sent and it was ok but from reading posts on here it seems like it depends on what kind of day your co is having, if the day has and s in it, what the weathers like etc etc as tey seem to interpret the guidelines on a whim
Old Oct 31st 2017, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Quote:
Please provide a chronology of your relationship- dates and places, how, when and where you met, how your relationship developed, when you began living together and what your immediate and future plans as a couple are?
I would type out the above and go through each point answering each one in order. So for example:

We first met on xx at xxx place. I was eating a lovely cake when he walked into the coffee shop and ordered a latte to go... etc.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

I would type out the above and go through each point answering each one in order. So for example:

We first met on xx at xxx place. I was eating a lovely cake when he walked into the coffee shop and ordered a latte to go... etc.
Could only find old bills going back to 2015, but that's more than required anyway so hopefully they don't question why I can only provide bills from 2015 when we've lived together since 2013.

Just in case they missed our names and dates on the tenancy agreement, I've put it in the envelope open to the page with important info... Hopefully the gesture doesn't seem passive aggressive after they've already returned it haha

As for the relationship chronology, I've written a 762 word essay answering all the questions of how we met, how our relationship developed, and even our future plans and beliefs regarding marriage and family.

It does read a bit like a short (boring) love story... I offered it to my partner to read through but he said it would make him cringe too much

Going to send it off today after work, so if there's anything I can add I have a few hours to do so...
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Well, sounds like they have been told to tick all the boxes and cross the the Ts. I've just had the same email asking for more supporting evidence regardless of our 14 year marriage and two children.

I've sent you a PM Ria
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

The case officers must be feeling the heat of Winnie checking the monthly accepted list! They surely must be under pressure to minimise total coming in, can see at least a slow down as in this case might help achieve that
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch
The case officers must be feeling the heat of Winnie checking the monthly accepted list! They surely must be under pressure to minimise total coming in, can see at least a slow down as in this case might help achieve that
I think you are right Timmy. Pretty sure guidelines have been put in place for extra cautious approach to checking of applications. Husband doesn't think that the new gov could have gotten something in place so quickly so it must be from the previous administration. Either way, Ria and I are stuck in midst of it
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

I think you are right Timmy. Pretty sure guidelines have been put in place for extra cautious approach to checking of applications. Husband doesn't think that the new gov could have gotten something in place so quickly so it must be from the previous administration. Either way, Ria and I are stuck in midst of it
Fingers crossed this is the final hurdle for the both of us...

When's your deadline for the evidence?
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ria_
Fingers crossed this is the final hurdle for the both of us...

When's your deadline for the evidence?
Two weeks for me.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Two weeks for me.
Whaa--??

Why on earth did I get less than a week?!
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

I geniunely have no idea. Doesn't seem to be any logic to anything so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.