British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Partner Visa Confusion!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/partner-visa-confusion-877782/)

Nurse_Abi May 21st 2016 2:18 am

Partner Visa Confusion!!!

Hey Guys

This is only my 2nd Post so be kind... I am lucky enough to have been offered a job as a Midwife in Auckland (ADHB, oh and I'm dual trained, hence nurse name) and have a start date of the 4th July. It's all happend so quickly and not given us enough time to even consider the partner visa as only offered the job a few weeks ago. I'm applying for a Work to Residence Visa and it's being processed as I speak, only took 2 days for them to contact me asking for my medical. So I'm hoping I'll be given the visa in time!

My problem is my partner, he hasnt even applied yet and there is no way it'll be processed in time. Should he submit the application here, fly to NZ on a visitor visa and then get the application transferred? I don't want to fly over to Auckland on my own as we were there for a year before and I know how competative the flat/house viewings are and what hard work it is to find somewhere that is reasonably priced. I'd rather support him financally and let him find us a car/flat. Do they get funny about the whole partner getting a visitor visa thing? Does he need a return flight or just the funds to prove he can get one? And does he need to leave the country when the visa is issued? I'm sorry to ask basic questions but my partner is so bloody lazy and seems to think that I am his personal PA! He even asked me to complete his police certificate application form!

MrsFychan May 21st 2016 2:37 am

Re: Partner Visa Confusion!!!

sorry to ask but why was he not included on your application??
if he does not have a visa he will have to have an outward bound flight or he will not be allowed to board the plane.

Nurse_Abi May 21st 2016 2:41 am

Could I have included him in the application? It wasn't an option on the form? I'm worried that I didn't do it correctly now! That's what I get for trying to save cash by doing it myself.

MrsFychan May 21st 2016 2:49 am

you could of applied for a work visa for him off the back of your visa application. how far into your application are you?

Nurse_Abi May 21st 2016 3:02 am

Re: Partner Visa Confusion!!!l

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11953101)
you could of applied for a work visa for l him off the back of your visa application. how far into your application are you?

I submitted it on Weds and had request for my medical on Friday. There was no option for partner though � ����

MrsFychan May 21st 2016 3:07 am

no its a separate form, speak to your case officer as to the best way forward