Partner Visa

Old Jun 4th 2011, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

ellenl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner Visa

Hi everyone

I'm marrying my Kiwi man next June but want to apply for my partner visa before so we can leave for NZ straight after we are married.
I realise it will be in my maiden name which wont matter but has anyone had experience of this, he is over here in the UK on a partner visa.
I have had a NZ partner visa before so I presume I will be ok in getting the visa?
Just wanted to know if anyone else has done the same thing

Thanks for reading
Old Jun 6th 2011, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice
Default Re: Partner Visa

Hi ellenl,
I've recently got my residence visa on the partnership stream. I'm married, but it's the commitment to the partnership that they look at (must be more than 12 months), not your status.
My wife didn't change her family name when we got married - if anything that made my application easier as she didn't have a different name from her birth certificate - it isn't expected that you will have the same name as your husband, if you enter NZ soon after you're married with your current passport and name that might be the easiest option.
I think if your previous visa has expired then you'll need to go through the whole process from scratch, e.g. medical, police check because they will be at least a year old and out of date. It might be worth just dropping a quick email to NZ immigration to check - nothing to lose and maybe somthing to gain
Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

ellenl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partner Visa

Thanks for responding johnht Will double check with NZ immigration.