Partner of NZ citizen residence visa

Old Aug 6th 2018, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Steffy84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partner of NZ citizen residence visa

Originally Posted by Annita Alexander
Thank you so much! I will record the bank statements showing our same address and will write a covering letter explaining why we had separate finances
Thanks a lot to all of you!
Good luck to you! We are stunned that my family now have their visa after only 66 days! I hope once you send this evidence away they process yours quickly, Good luck with your move!
Old Aug 12th 2018, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Kiwijock65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Hoping someone might be able to answer this for me or give some advice_
We want to move to NZ asap - I have my NZ passport as I was born there and my son and daughter now have NZ passports.
We have been married 25 years -son and daughter are 22 and 19.
We planned to move last year but unfortunately my wife had an emergency major operation. Thankfully she is quite healthy and fit now.
My wife is going through the process of applying for "partner of a NZ citizen" permanent residence visa - She has the police cert, character reference etc and is going for the visa medical this week.
Does anyone know if we would be better off just going to New Zealand and then my wife applying for a visa while in NZ?
Or would anyone recommend we just be patient and go through the application here in UK?
Any advice appreciated.
Old Aug 12th 2018, 7:39 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwijock65
Hi all,
Hoping someone might be able to answer this for me or give some advice_
We want to move to NZ asap - I have my NZ passport as I was born there and my son and daughter now have NZ passports.
We have been married 25 years -son and daughter are 22 and 19.
We planned to move last year but unfortunately my wife had an emergency major operation. Thankfully she is quite healthy and fit now.
My wife is going through the process of applying for "partner of a NZ citizen" permanent residence visa - She has the police cert, character reference etc and is going for the visa medical this week.
Does anyone know if we would be better off just going to New Zealand and then my wife applying for a visa while in NZ?
Or would anyone recommend we just be patient and go through the application here in UK?
Any advice appreciated.
Entirely up to you, we came over with myself and the kids on visitors visas, application was with Case Officer, this gives you 6 months, if from the UK, to get things sorted but you do need an onward flight out of NZ or they won't let you board.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info MrsFychan,
That may well be the way we do it. We have a lot to organise yet though. Good to be able to log in here to gauge other peoples experience and ask advice.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

knickerdropofglory is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone done the new online application? I applied mine in to the system the 15th July. I received confirmation that the application had been received on the 17th July and payment was confirmed taken on the 27th July.

Confirmation I received was:
We have received your Partner of a New Zealander - Resident visa application. Your application number is XXXXXXXX.
An officer will assess your application. Your application may be assessed at any Immigration New Zealand office across the world.
This is an automated email. If you have already received a message about this application, please follow the advice in that message. Otherwise we will contact you if you need to do anything.

Now the waiting game!
Old Aug 21st 2018, 7:36 am
Just Joined

We are completing an online application now for my wife.
I am at the stage of filling out form INZ 1178 as I am the New Zealand partner. I thought everything was done - wife's police cert. medical, etc etc - until I got to the page where it say's I have to submit a Police certificate and also we have to get the form signed by a lawyer or a notary public!
Another week or so to get that done before we can submit it.
Just a quick question Knickerdropofglory - When you uploaded PDF files, did you attach more than 1 piece of evidence? -i.e bank statement
Old Aug 21st 2018, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kiwijock65
Just a quick question Knickerdropofglory - When you uploaded PDF files, did you attach more than 1 piece of evidence? -i.e bank statement
Yea, I uploaded everything I had. And I referenced them in the time line.
Old Aug 25th 2018, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I will upload as much as I can 😁
Old Sep 5th 2018, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Annita Alexander is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally, my visa was approved. This forum is really helpful and thank you very much to all of you!
Old Sep 5th 2018, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by knickerdropofglory
Has anyone done the new online application? I applied mine in to the system the 15th July. I received confirmation that the application had been received on the 17th July and payment was confirmed taken on the 27th July.
I was allocated my case officer 4th August and was instructed to go to the VFS office to have my Passport authenticated.

Last edited by knickerdropofglory; Sep 5th 2018 at 10:12 am.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Annita Alexander
Finally, my visa was approved. This forum is really helpful and thank you very much to all of you!
Yay. great stuff.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Has anyone done the new online application? I applied mine to the system on the 15th July. I received confirmation that the application had been received on the 17th July and payment was confirmed taken on the 27th July.
I was allocated my case officer 4th August and was instructed to go to the VFS office to have my Passport authenticated.
Boom. Waiting in my inbox this morning was my Electronic Visa confirmation. So Just over 2 months total. Most of that time was waiting to be allocated an officer. Good Luck all.