Partner of NZ citizen residence visa

Old Mar 1st 2018, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Mickwick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partner of NZ citizen residence visa

Very surprised to get my approval in principal this morning 😊 just over 3 months from initial application!! I now just have to send my passport off.

How do I find out what the travel conditions are....if any? I was told on the helpline I'd be eligible for permanent residence as my partner has been out of NZ for over 5 years and we've evidenced being together for longer than that but can't work out if that's what I've been granted.....any ideas?
Old Mar 1st 2018, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

KOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mickwick
Very surprised to get my approval in principal this morning 😊 just over 3 months from initial application!! I now just have to send my passport off.
Congratulations )) !!!

How do I find out what the travel conditions are....if any?
Travel conditions? - yes, you have to activate your visa within a certain time frame (can't remember how long - sorry) but that is all.

I was told on the helpline I'd be eligible for permanent residence as my partner has been out of NZ for over 5 years and we've evidenced being together for longer than th
at but can't work out if that's what I've been granted.....any ideas?
Correct - look at the bottom part - you most certainly qualify:
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30877.htm
Old Mar 1st 2018, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Thank you exciting times! Best get the passport sent off!

Last edited by Mickwick; Mar 1st 2018 at 6:23 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 12:45 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

How do I find out what the travel conditions are....if any?
Travel conditions are date of entry and then from that date in 2 years time you will need to apply to have the travel conditions removed if you wish to leave NZ and still be able to gain entry back in. Obviously if you have no intentions of ever leaving NZ then you won't have to pay for the privilege of a overseas holiday
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice

How do I find out what the travel conditions are....if any? I was told on the helpline I'd be eligible for permanent residence as my partner has been out of NZ for over 5 years and we've evidenced being together for longer than that but can't work out if that's what I've been granted.....any ideas?
Great news! Congrats. Once you get your Visa back it will state any conditions on it. I was expecting conditions for travel but mine came with no conditions or expiry. Happy days.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Annita Alexander is an unknown quantity at this point

09/04: My application was submitted on April 9th, 2018 under Partner of NZ citizen Residence Visa
18/04: I emailed to ask whether application has been received
23/04: Received email from NZI that my application had been received and tendered into their system and was waiting for processing
02/05: Application fee had been taken from my bank account
06/07: I emailed to check the status
10/07: Received email from NZI that my application was awaiting allocation to one of their immigration officers
13/07: Received email from my allocated immigration officer requesting to return my application amended because some pages need to add more information. She/ He said that this requirements were sent to me on May 2nd => I was really frustrated because I didn't receive any their email until I emailed them to check the status on Jul 6th
17/07: Sent the application back to NZ
19/07: Text received from DHL about a delivery
20/07: I emailed to ask whether she/ he had received it
She/ He didn't reply me.
Continue waiting ..... I have no idea why she/ he didn't reply my email
Old Jul 24th 2018, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Annita Alexander
09/04: My application was submitted on April 9th, 2018 under Partner of NZ citizen Residence Visa
18/04: I emailed to ask whether application has been received
23/04: Received email from NZI that my application had been received and tendered into their system and was waiting for processing
02/05: Application fee had been taken from my bank account
06/07: I emailed to check the status
10/07: Received email from NZI that my application was awaiting allocation to one of their immigration officers
13/07: Received email from my allocated immigration officer requesting to return my application amended because some pages need to add more information. She/ He said that this requirements were sent to me on May 2nd => I was really frustrated because I didn't receive any their email until I emailed them to check the status on Jul 6th
17/07: Sent the application back to NZ
19/07: Text received from DHL about a delivery
20/07: I emailed to ask whether she/ he had received it
She/ He didn't reply me.
Continue waiting ..... I have no idea why she/ he didn't reply my email
Their communication seems to be terrible. I still can't believe that the entire process for me, from application to visa in my passport, took over 6 months! I hope that everything goes smoothly for you from here... I played the patient game and twice didn't hear from them for up to a couple months. If I had to go through that process again, I'd chase them up a lot more toward the end of it.

Good luck!
Old Jul 24th 2018, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Rita. It seems to be taking long time
I think that I will have to play the patient game like you
Old Jul 24th 2018, 10:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Patient Pants is the name of the game.

Much depends on individual cases & the case load per officer. Also just how many officers are available for said case loads.

Here is a LINK TO ASSORTED VISA PROCESSING TIMES.
Old Jul 25th 2018, 3:25 am
Just Joined

I received the email from my allocated immigration officer requesting additional evidence today. Anyone knows how to show the evidence of financial interdependency. I and my boyfriend don't use the same bank account
Thanks a lots in advance!
Old Jul 25th 2018, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Do you both the same address for bank statements and other forms of bills

wills?

Allocated death in service benefits from company pensions schemes.?

One of the requirements for my pension scheme to pay out was also proof of financial dependency. I arranged a notarized statement of financial dependency. the pensions people seemed to find it acceptable on the basis they did not decline it!!
Old Jul 25th 2018, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I received the email from my allocated immigration officer requesting additional evidence today. Anyone knows how to show the evidence of financial interdependency. I and my boyfriend don't use the same bank account
Any bills or contractual obligations, loans mortgages or such like where you are both named as jointly responsible. Bank statements showing transfers of funds from you to him, or vice versa. We didn't have joint bank accounts either but can easily show evidence of monthly transfers between our accounts to cover bills, holidays etc.
Old Jul 25th 2018, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Steffy84 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we have been very lucky with our application, I am the NZ Permanent Resident so my partner has applied for residency along with our two children. They received our application on the 29th May 2018 and took the fee and returned original documents quickly. On the 17th July we received an email from our immigration officer stating that my partner and children were eligible for residency and he had completed his tasks and had passed the file to a colleague who would check 'quality' (don't know what this means). We phoned immigration yesterday and all they would tell us is that the application is in the final stages. I am hoping to hear from them again soon asking for the passports.

Evidence wise I sent them 4 years worth of mortgage statements, our last will and testament, 3 years worth of tax credit awards notices, wage slips showing we lived at the same address, life insurance paperwork, water bills, three years worth of council tax bills and all my divorce paperwork. I presume it also helps that we have a 2 and a 4 year old child together as the birth certificates confirm.

Good luck to all who are going through this process! Its an emotional rollercoaster!
Old Jul 30th 2018, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Sorry you've had lots of delays, I was very pleased mine went through relatively smoothly. In terms of finances my husband and I have never had a joint account, rent, mortgage or bills. I did provide bank statements as others have said, demonstrating money moving between our accounts, council tax letters were also useful and we added me onto any bills we could when we realised we might need them (telephone, water, utilities etc) so only had the most recent of these. I included a covering letter explaining why we had separate finances, my being a student for several years and it being more that we just didn't rather than an active decision not to. Hope that helps and the process picks up momentum from here.

Last edited by Mickwick; Jul 30th 2018 at 1:42 pm. Reason: Errors
Old Aug 6th 2018, 4:37 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much! I will record the bank statements showing our same address and will write a covering letter explaining why we had separate finances
Thanks a lot to all of you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.