Partner of NZ citizen residence visa

Old Dec 19th 2017, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Mickwick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner of NZ citizen residence visa

Hi, have been a reader here for a little while - thanks for all the help - but having now sent off my application was wondering how long people have had to wait for any contact such as email or indication the application is being looked at? I know it's 4 months processing time but was wondering when you know it isn't just gathering dust

Thanks

Last edited by Mickwick; Dec 19th 2017 at 9:09 pm. Reason: Missed a word off the title
Old Dec 20th 2017, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner of NZ citizen residence visa

I expect you'll get caught up in Christmas shutdown where not much happens in NZ until end of January early February. Might as well relax and enjoy your Christmas - unless it's been a while already then you could just give them a call and check where it's at.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, was just wondering what other people's experience was don't need to chase just yet but thought finding out more might help pass the wait time
Old Dec 27th 2017, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Typically just after asking the question we noticed payment had been taken and then today I got my documents back in the post with a request for an amended page of the application.....I guess we're underway
Old Jan 16th 2018, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all

30/06/17 - Partner of NZ citizen residence visa application sent
19/07/17 - I emailed to ask whether application has been received, and they replied to say it was on their system held in a queue
24/07/17 - Application fee has been taken from my bank account, text received from DHL about a delivery
27/07/17 - Received package from DHL with my documents back, and request to return my application amended
28/07/17 - Sent the application back to NZ
18/08/17 - I emailed to ask whether they had received it, and they replied to say that it has been reattached to my application
29/10/17 - Received email from my allocated immigration officer requesting additional evidence
31/10/17 - Sent the additional evidence requested
09/11/17 - Marked as delivered

Have yet to hear anything back since. But I assume their offices are dead over the Summer.

I hope your experience is a lot quicker and smoother!
Old Jan 16th 2018, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

That's really helpful thank you I'm currently up to having had my docs back and have returned, as requested, an amended page of the application form...in a similar timescale to your experience of this.

Quick question, who or where did you email for updates prior to having an allocated IO?

Hope you hear something soon....my timescale has only been since November so some things are clearly still moving despite the summer.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mickwick
That's really helpful thank you I'm currently up to having had my docs back and have returned, as requested, an amended page of the application form...in a similar timescale to your experience of this.

Quick question, who or where did you email for updates prior to having an allocated IO?

Hope you hear something soon....my timescale has only been since November so some things are clearly still moving despite the summer.
I emailed [email protected] quoting my application number and client number as stated on my returned documents. Before my documents were returned to me with this information, I just gave them my full name, date of birth and passport number.

Hope that helps!
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks 😊 that's really helpful x
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Finally got a response from my immigration officer after requesting an update as it's been so long, and she said that she had already sent me an Approval in Principle letter on 30th November. I told her that I hadn't received it, and apparently my email address may have been mistyped! (Which is ridiculous, that that could happen, in my opinion...) So she sent it to me again, and I'll be sending my passport to the VAC in London today and should hopefully get it back stamped with my residence visa within 2 weeks! (The letter states that I have until May 2018 to send it, for the record.)

Hope that helps out more with your timeframe!
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Wow! Fantastic news, congratulations

I agree, the typo excuse is ridiculous!!!
Old Jan 24th 2018, 1:30 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ria_
...and apparently my email address may have been mistyped...
Well unless the typo made it a random but valid email address that doesn't wash, that is what email bounce-backs are for...
Old Jan 24th 2018, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonsi
Well unless the typo made it a random but valid email address that doesn't wash, that is what email bounce-backs are for...
That was my first thought, surely they would have seen that it bounced! Also doesn't explain why my emails went ignored for a while...

Oh well, it's annoying and a little inconvenient but at least it should be smooth sailing from here and I'll get my visa soon.

Had I received the email when I was supposed to, it would have brought total time to less than 6 months, so their estimated processing time of 4-6 months is accurate.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 5:20 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ria_
Finally got a response from my immigration officer after requesting an update as it's been so long, and she said that she had already sent me an Approval in Principle letter on 30th November. I told her that I hadn't received it, and apparently my email address may have been mistyped! (Which is ridiculous, that that could happen, in my opinion...) So she sent it to me again,
Hope she forwarded it so you can see where she initially sent it.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Hope she forwarded it so you can see where she initially sent it.
Nope. She just attached the PDF in her reply to me.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice

I was lucky to have a CO who was really great with email communications. She replied within hours of my emails so was kept in the loop most of the time. Sorry to hear you didn't have the same experience Ria How frustrating to be approved back in Nov and not know about it.

So based on my timescale I was around the 6 months Mark too, although I did have to supply some additional medical evidence just before Christmas. Hope this helps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.