Parents Visa, EOI timescales

Old Apr 6th 2016, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

elaineesther1953 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parents Visa, EOI timescales

Medicals now the next anxiety step for us (due in two weeks time) especially as we are in our sixties and obviously no longer spring chickens !!

Awaiting police check results (Done a couple of weeks ago0

So fingers crossed !!
Old Apr 7th 2016, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

ICIS2378 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are of the same age, so I empathise with you, if you don't mind me asking,what was was your timescales for you to get this far?
Old Apr 7th 2016, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

elaineesther1953 is an unknown quantity at this point

EOI received by INZ June 4th 2015 and we got pulled from draw held on 15th Feb.
ITA received on 3rd March .
We are using an Immigration Advisor as had no clue at the onset as to what would be involved and as we are of the older generation thought this may be advisable.
We sent off police checks on 19th March and received certificate thus morning.
Just now that medical to get through.
We were advised to be getting all our partnership evidence ready just after submitting EOI so that's more or less ready to go.
My son is our sponsor out in Auckland and our immi advisor liaises with him re his evidence.
Its so nice to chat with people hoping to emigrate too at our time of life.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Esme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really nice

Elaine submitted just after we did, we submitted in Feb2015 in August 2015 all EIOs received by the day after they received ours were selected so we were lucky that I posted in England the day we qualified to apply!
ITA submitted October 2015 and then heard nothing until mid December when our immigration officer emailed saying who she was and estimated time scales.
We were then in New Zealand when they asked for more paperwork from our sponsor so had to wait til we got back to UK and that delayed it about 3 weeks - confirmation of visa was mid Feb 2016 so it was just a year from start to finish.
Just a note we had a straight forward application and decided not to use Immigration advisor, paperwork is straight forward but I can't remember how many times I checked it and still didn't get it quite right but our immigration officer was patient when I said I couldn't get paperwork back by the date she had given and replied promptly to my questions.
Now to sell up and get over there!
Old Apr 7th 2016, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

ICIS2378 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to you both, as you say Elaine, it is good to talk to people in a very similar position and circumstance. It is a bit scary at our stage in life, although we have been to NZ several times over the last few years to see our daughter and grandchild and feel very comfortable over there and the lifestyle , it was still a very big decision having lived in the UK all our lives to take the plunge and apply, and move our very settled comfortable lives over to the other side of the world. Just want to get it all sorted now we have made the call, but I know patience is a virtue