British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Parents Visa, EOI timescales (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/parents-visa-eoi-timescales-875162/)

ICIS2378 Mar 31st 2016 6:32 pm

Parents Visa, EOI timescales

Hi, My wife and I have just submitted an EOI for a parents visa under tier one, I have looked on the forum and there is a couple of posts regarding timescales which appears to be 6 to 7 months from the date the EOI is received to being selected(hopefully) out of the pool. I appreciate that the pools are held on set times but do these timescales seem to fit in with other peoples experiences

elaineesther1953 Mar 31st 2016 9:23 pm

Re: Parents Visa, EOI timescales

We waited from June 2015 until Feb this year to be pulled!! The pool seems to be growing and the wait getting longer I believe

MrsFychan Mar 31st 2016 10:14 pm

The queue of Tier One EOIs is currently estimated to be 18 months.

taken from: Family Stream processing times

Esme61 Apr 1st 2016 10:37 am

We submitted Feb 2015, selected August 2015 and visa in passport Feb 2016

ICIS2378 Apr 1st 2016 2:23 pm

Thanks all that have replied, greatly appreciated, it really helps to have an idea of timescales

LittleGreyCat Apr 4th 2016 7:04 pm

To quote my previous post:

"I've just been plugging the numbers from the reports on previous draws into a spreadsheet. Not completed yet (struggling to see if I can manipulate dates in a fancy way) but what I have done is tabled up the number of people at Tier 1 who are left in the queue after each draw.

The queue is constantly growing, and I am assuming that you get picked on a "first in first out" basis. This seems to be consistent with the numbers.

Anyway, assuming that roughly 700 EOIs get picked each time in the next year, the number of future draws needed to clear the end of the queue at the day after the current draw has been steadily growing and since November 2015 it has been greater than 3.

This suggests that it is highly likely that anyone submitting an EOI from now on (until things improve or get worse) can expect to get picked at the earliest in the 4th draw after they submit the EOI. So someone submitting now (February 2016) would expect to be picked in the February 2017 draw."

So sadly you can't rely on the time scales of anyone who applied at the beginning of last year because the queue is growing enormously.

In early 2014 (IIRC) you were likely to be picked at the first draw after you applied.

We are expecting to get the fourth draw - but who knows?

If things keep on piling up, it will soon take 5 draws or more. Then again they could decide to clear the back log.

MrsFychan Apr 4th 2016 7:11 pm

thanks for working all that out. very informative. I'm guessing thats might impact on those in tier 2 which historically has been 7 years ?

ICIS2378 Apr 5th 2016 8:24 am

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat (Post 11913609)
To quote my previous post:

"I've just been plugging the numbers from the reports on previous draws into a spreadsheet. Not completed yet (struggling to see if I can manipulate dates in a fancy way) but what I have done is tabled up the number of people at Tier 1 who are left in the queue after each draw.

The queue is constantly growing, and I am assuming that you get picked on a "first in first out" basis. This seems to be consistent with the numbers.

Anyway, assuming that roughly 700 EOIs get picked each time in the next year, the number of future draws needed to clear the end of the queue at the day after the current draw has been steadily growing and since November 2015 it has been greater than 3.

This suggests that it is highly likely that anyone submitting an EOI from now on (until things improve or get worse) can expect to get picked at the earliest in the 4th draw after they submit the EOI. So someone submitting now (February 2016) would expect to be picked in the February 2017 draw."

So sadly you can't rely on the time scales of anyone who applied at the beginning of last year because the queue is growing enormously.

In early 2014 (IIRC) you were likely to be picked at the first draw after you applied.

We are expecting to get the fourth draw - but who knows?

If things keep on piling up, it will soon take 5 draws or more. Then again they could decide to clear the back log.

Thanks for info, really useful

ICIS2378 Apr 6th 2016 3:54 pm

Does anyone know when the credit card fee is taken from the details on the EOI forms, is it on receipt thus indicating the form is OK and is in the pile for a draw at some point, or is it when the EOI is up for selection in a draw.

elaineesther1953 Apr 6th 2016 4:14 pm

The money is taken upon receipt at INZ... don't think it means that the form is ok though believe it just goes in the queue and doesn't get checked over until point of selection. The fee is not refundable so guess its about keeping fingers crossed.

When are you hoping to move?

Elaine

ICIS2378 Apr 6th 2016 4:19 pm

Hi, looking at the replies on this thread, it looks like 12 to 18 months for all parts of the process to take place, providing there are no complications, so I suppose hopefully, late 2017?

elaineesther1953 Apr 6th 2016 4:27 pm

Yes we have to be so patient yet continue to live our lives which is quite tough being as the costs of the whole process is expensive so don't really want to spend too much during the wait.

LittleGreyCat Apr 6th 2016 5:29 pm

One think to concentrate on is the date of the draws.

If you get your application in just before a draw then you have ticked off your first draw without much wait - a few days can potentially make a lot of difference.

However the main point is to get your application into the queue as soon as you can - think about queueing for the cinema. Every minute someone else gets in the queue before you.

The only thing to be cautious about is being picked before your child qualifies to sponsor you. You can calculate from past draws that it will take 4 draws to get through and so apply before your child has done the 3 years expecting to be picked after the 3 year mark. A sensible approach with the minor risk that they might suddenly decide to accelerate the clearing of the queue and you get picked before the 3 year mark (which generally means you will be rejected and have to go round again).

ICIS2378 Apr 6th 2016 5:38 pm

I think the practical issues of when you finally (Hopefully) get the residency visa is the timescales to sell the house (in our case) to enable us to commence the process of purchasing a house or land for new build over there. But I suppose nothing is simple in this life

LittleGreyCat Apr 6th 2016 5:49 pm

Yeah - we are holding off on selling until we get confirmation.

You could sell up earlier and risk it, but you might feel a bit of a wally if they turned you down.

This Brexit malarkey isn't helping either. Exchange rates all over the place and $DEITY alone knows what it will do to house prices.