Parents rights to move with children

Old May 24th 2007, 5:56 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents rights to move with children

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you search through the NZIS website (Operations Manual) you may find a reference to respecting the child custody laws of other countries.
And a very quick search has uncovered the following, from section 72-6 (e) of the Operations Manual:

Where an immigration or visa officer is satisfied that:

i by virtue of local law, the New Zealand citizen or resident parent has the statutory right to custody of the child, and

ii it is not possible or required under that local law to obtain individualised legal documents to verify that custodial right, the New Zealand citizen or resident parent will be considered by NZIS to have the right to remove the child from its country of residence.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rationsmanual/
Old May 24th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

JAJ,

Thanks for this info. this could answer my query. I will email immigration quoting these references and see if this will address their request.

Kindest Regards
Old May 25th 2007, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twig
Ditto!

P.s. I have heard of two cases of Removal From Jurisdiction, where the mother wanted to emigrate and the natural father was objecting. In both cases they went to court and the mother won - the judge then asked if they wanted to transfer solicitor's fee's to the respondent (i.e. the dad), one lady said no because she just wanted a line drawn under the whole debacle but the other lady said yes! so you never know

(I got both cases from the yourrights.org.uk website (Liberty), as far as family law was concerned they were very helpful)
I had big issues with this, but I understand that if you were NOT married to the childrens father at the time of their birth, he has NO parental responsibilty and you can leave Uk without his permission.
So sounds like you are safe.
I had a call from the head of Immigration over this after I contacted the Immigration Minister (2003). I was told that all his staff had now been 'fully trained' in understanding the UK Children's Act 1991.
BTW If you had been married, the courts would ALWAYS favour what is best for the children and their age and maturity would play a part in the courts decision anyway.
Old May 25th 2007, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

The above clauses that JAJ mentions were finally added to the NZIS rules in June 2004!
Old May 25th 2007, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Twig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
And a very quick search has uncovered the following, from section 72-6 (e) of the Operations Manual:

Where an immigration or visa officer is satisfied that:

i by virtue of local law, the New Zealand citizen or resident parent has the statutory right to custody of the child, and

ii it is not possible or required under that local law to obtain individualised legal documents to verify that custodial right, the New Zealand citizen or resident parent will be considered by NZIS to have the right to remove the child from its country of residence.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rationsmanual/

I thought I would add that I spoke to an immigration officer at the London Expo. I gave her all our details and asked her specifically - would a Statutory Declaration signed by myself, my husband (step father with PR) and our solicitor to explain, in legal terms, our situation - and she said yes, this would be fine.
Old May 25th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by puppypower
this is a copy of ours. hope this helps!

I, !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! (formerly !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!) of !!!!!!!!!!!! in the county of !!!!!, do SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE AS FOLLOWS

1.I am the mother of !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! who was born !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! on the * of February 1995 – a copy of my daughters birth certificate is annexed hereto marked “TSP 1”.
2.By a change of name deed dated the 31st of January 1996, I changed my daughters surname from !!!!!!!!!! to !!!!!!!!!! – a copy of this deed marked “TSP 2” is annexed hereto.
3.At the time of !!!!!!!!!!’s birth I was not married to her father, !!!!!!!!!!. I have no idea of his present whereabouts. There has been no contact between !!!!!!!!!! and our daughter !!!!!!!!!! since June 1995. !!!!!!!!!!’s father has never paid any maintenance for !!!!!!!!!!’s upkeep and has never made any attempt to see her nor has he ever claimed any parental responsibility for !!!!!!!!!!.
4.In respect of my said daughter !!!!!!!!!!, I confirm that there is no court order regarding Custody, Residence, Parental Responsibility or of any other kind in existence nor to the best of my knowledge information and belief has any application for such ever been made.
5. I am not able to provide a statutory declaration from a member of standing in the community to confirm the fact that I was not married to !!!!!!!!!!, as I have not known such a person for more than five years.
Puppypower, You are a life saver!!!!!!!

I've emailed a similar copy of your decleration to immigration and they have said that this would be suitable for the application to proceed....

Many, Many Thanks

Garry