Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Parent Visa - We have been allocated a Visa Officer today - so excited

Parent Visa - We have been allocated a Visa Officer today - so excited

Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Parent Visa - We have been allocated a Visa Officer today - so excited

Hi JayandBill

I am sure that age has nothing to do with applying for residency. I never read anywhere in the Immigration Information that it would be a factor (for a Parent Visa). If you pass your medical and police check and your sponsor meets all the criteria then I would think there is no problem. Its just a long wait before you get allocated a Case Officer and also there is a quota system too, which could be oversubscribed. Husband and I are in are middle 60's but I know people who have gone in their 70's.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

jayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Visa - We have been allocated a Visa Officer today - so excited

Originally Posted by Paula2007
Hi JayandBill

I am sure that age has nothing to do with applying for residency. I never read anywhere in the Immigration Information that it would be a factor (for a Parent Visa). If you pass your medical and police check and your sponsor meets all the criteria then I would think there is no problem. Its just a long wait before you get allocated a Case Officer and also there is a quota system too, which could be oversubscribed. Husband and I are in are middle 60's but I know people who have gone in their 70's.
We applied from NZ whilst on a parent/grandparent 3 yr multiple visit visa, which allows us to be here for 18months during those 3 years. We had had enough of that long trip every year after the 6th time. We have to pop over to Oz every 6 months but can return within days, but we're on our 3rd 6 months now so getting a bit anxious about what happens when we've used up our 18 months if we haven't got a case Officer by then. The application seems to be in order but we just have to wait. Thought I'd better lose a couple of punds though in case it all happens as quickly as yours and they want to recheck our state of health. As you know it's a stressful time waiting. We love it here and don't miss the UK at all.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 7:48 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Visa - We have been allocated a Visa Officer today - so excited

Blimey...seem to have totally missed your news, not sure how its happened but so good to read that things are moving forwards for you...... it wont be too long before you pop open the bubbly!!!
B x