Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Parent Visa - We have been allocated a Visa Officer today - so excited

Parent Visa - We have been allocated a Visa Officer today - so excited

Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Talking Parent Visa - We have been allocated a Visa Officer today - so excited

Just wanted to say that after a wait of nearly a year we have been allocated a Visa Officer today. We are so excited. Maybe it won't be too long before we will be with our family - two children and two cute grandchildren - in New Zealand - where we want to be.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:33 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Visa - We have been allocated a Visa Officer today - so excited

*Congratulations*

Great news you will all be back together before you know it

Dewb
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice
Default Re: Parent Visa - We have been allocated a Visa Officer today - so excited

Originally Posted by Paula2007
Just wanted to say that after a wait of nearly a year we have been allocated a Visa Officer today. We are so excited. Maybe it won't be too long before we will be with our family - two children and two cute grandchildren - in New Zealand - where we want to be.
Fantastic news ...CONGRATULATIONS...the time will fly by for you.....
xElainex
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

That's fantastic i'm sure it won't be long now
Old Mar 5th 2010, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto the above
Old Mar 5th 2010, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

All the very best for you big adventure down under!!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of

Thanks for all your good wishes - I have been referred to the MO. Hopefully things will be ok - BP a bit of an issue but my doctor has doubled up my BP tablets and says it will come down in a couple of weeks to a better reading. It was probably the stress of the Immigration Medical that made it slightly elevated in the first place!! Must learn to RELAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 9:59 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your good wishes - I have been referred to the MO. Hopefully things will be ok - BP a bit of an issue but my doctor has doubled up my BP tablets and says it will come down in a couple of weeks to a better reading. It was probably the stress of the Immigration Medical that made it slightly elevated in the first place!! Must learn to RELAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!
Congratulations Paula - I know this has been a long wait for you. I've been following your progress with interest as it's possible my mum may go down the same route.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

Congrats to u. We hope our parents might do this too!

Denise n family
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

elaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Denise01292
Congrats to u. We hope our parents might do this too!

Denise n family
CONGRATULATIONS
HOPE I'M NOT FAR BEHIND YOU!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Deley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond repute

Its a great feeling to hear that after waiting so long. Just thought I would let you know that my parents got their residency just before Christmas. Once they were assigned their case officer it took just over a week before they were told they had been accepted. They flew out to NZ in Feb and last week moved into their new house they have had built (Pegasus) Christchurch.
So I really hope things happen quickly for you like my parents (their application had been lodge din Christchurch).
I am still in the UK but they are now with my sister, husband and grand children.
Good Luck

Adele
Old Oct 17th 2010, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

jayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond repute

That's music to my ears. We applied almost a year ago whilst here on a parents/grandparents visa and have 2 kids and 8 grandchildren here. sometimes feel a bit despondent as we were told it could take up to 2 years. I feel heaps more optimistic now.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Parent Visa - We have been allocated a Visa Officer today - so excited

Our house is up for sale now and had 4 viewings so far. BUT we have just read in the paper that the State Pension is to be increased in April 2011 to approximately a further £4.80 odd per week, hubby and myself both get our state pensions so it would be worthwhile not to emigrate to New Zealand until after April 2011 as this would give us a further £500 extra income per year. Once you leave the UK for good, your State Pension is frozen at the rate you were on the week you left (eventhough both my husband and myself have paid 40 years National Insurance contributions)!!!

I think most people tend not to look for properties for sale as it nears Christmas so it will probably take us until next year to sell the house anyway.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

jayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond repute

Dare I ask Paula, which decade of life are you in? I'm wondering if age is a factor when Immigration decides who'll be next in line for Resisdency and if younger parents get priority. I'm 70.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 9:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

That's great news. Hopefully not too long now for you all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.