PARENT VISA - HOW LONG TO WAIT?

Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Angry PARENT VISA - HOW LONG TO WAIT?

Hi everyone

We am handing in my application for Parent Visas in March 2009 and wondered, all being well, does anybody know how long it takes for a Residence Visa to be granted from the date we hand our paperwork to New Zealand House in London.

It is just that I have heard that someone else has handed in their forms to London and have had a letter back to say taht they will be allocated a Case Officer within TWO YEARS!!!!! They and I thought the processing time, according to other successful Parent Visa applicants was roughly 3 to 9 months? These particular people are over 80 now, although hubby and I are in our early 60's.

Surely all your medical information/police checks/sponsorship forms would be completely out of date if you have to wait a further 2 years to be allocated someone to even look at your paperwork? I cannot understand this.

Can anybody help reassure us as started to panic now.

Thanks - in anticipation - Paula
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:13 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PARENT VISA - HOW LONG TO WAIT?

Hi there
I don't know much about parent visas but I found this on the NZIS website. I'm sorry but I don't think it is going to reassure you

Adult Child/Sibling/Parent applications

Due to extremely high demand in this category, applications lodged from February 2009 will take up to two years to be allocated to a Case Officer after being accepted.

Processing timeframe - 4 - 6 months

Please note: If an applicant chooses to travel to New Zealand visa free before a decision is made on their residence application, on arrival they will only be granted a standard temporary permit with normal entitlements, except in the most exceptional of circumstances. They will then be expected to leave New Zealand once their permit expires. If the applicant is a national of the United Kingdom they can travel to New Zealand visa free for up to six months. If an applicant chooses to travel visa free they will be required to hold a return ticket from New Zealand to a country where they have right of entry as well as evidence of funds to support themselves.
So it does look like the info you were given was correct. You can find this if you look under "branch contacts" then click on "London" and find "processing times"
Maybe the medical/police and sponsorship forms have to be in date when you submit them rather than when they actually look at them, as with the SMC

Sorry
Sue
Old Feb 27th 2009, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula2007 View Post
Hi everyone

We am handing in my application for Parent Visas in March 2009 and wondered, all being well, does anybody know how long it takes for a Residence Visa to be granted from the date we hand our paperwork to New Zealand House in London.

It is just that I have heard that someone else has handed in their forms to London and have had a letter back to say taht they will be allocated a Case Officer within TWO YEARS!!!!! They and I thought the processing time, according to other successful Parent Visa applicants was roughly 3 to 9 months? These particular people are over 80 now, although hubby and I are in our early 60's.

Surely all your medical information/police checks/sponsorship forms would be completely out of date if you have to wait a further 2 years to be allocated someone to even look at your paperwork? I cannot understand this.

Can anybody help reassure us as started to panic now.

Thanks - in anticipation - Paula
Hi Paula.
Don't worry, love!
We handed ours in August 11th-just over 3yrs to the day when our son gained residency. We were told we would get a case officer within 4 months.
(i e-mailed them in Dec and our case officer phoned me back. Our papers had been referred to the medical assessors but we shouldn't worry about it, as he was requesting further GP reports not Consultants.
We were asked to produce these reports within 4 weeks but due to a holiday and the Xmas break, we were given a weeks extension. Our application was approved in principle 3 weeks after reports sent.
In total it took about 25 weeks. It can officially take 4 months + 6 months, but only, I should think, if there are further reports or tests required.

Just a question from two other 'early 60's'. Are you nervous and a little concerned at all that has to be done and arranged, as well as excited of course?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennifer45 View Post
Hi Paula.
Don't worry, love!
We handed ours in August 11th-just over 3yrs to the day when our son gained residency. We were told we would get a case officer within 4 months.
(i e-mailed them in Dec and our case officer phoned me back. Our papers had been referred to the medical assessors but we shouldn't worry about it, as he was requesting further GP reports not Consultants.
We were asked to produce these reports within 4 weeks but due to a holiday and the Xmas break, we were given a weeks extension. Our application was approved in principle 3 weeks after reports sent.
In total it took about 25 weeks. It can officially take 4 months + 6 months, but only, I should think, if there are further reports or tests required.

Just a question from two other 'early 60's'. Are you nervous and a little concerned at all that has to be done and arranged, as well as excited of course?
Sorry, Paula.
Hadn't seen the extension of time. 2 Years seems excessive . !0 months seemed bad enough.

The fact that this change hasn't been highlighted or given more prominence in the main section seems strange.

I wonder if it only applies to the London Office.Is it possible for you to apply to Wellington Office in NZ if their time scales are less?

Perhaps they don't want NZ flooded with 'old wrinklies'! I'm NOT OLD! And the wrinkles are laughter lines- they've just spread a bit.

Plus the majority of us are self sufficient and not taking kiwi jobs! Also we have a wonderful calming influence on society- (referred to as mind-numbing I think)
Take heart. If they do take that long (I think it's just to cover themselves) just fit in some long holidays in NZ and suss out everything about the areas you'd like to settle.
Regards Jennie
Old Feb 27th 2009, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of

Hi Jennie

Thanks for your good wishes and comments - regarding you suggestion about sending our application to another Immigration office - I will have to look into that - when you think of it - London seems to be the base for the whole of Europe so no wonder they are overwhelmed with Parent Visa applications - Hamilton in New Zealand says "up to 18 months" wait which is better than 2 years before we are allocated a case officer.

Paula
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennifer45 View Post
Also we have a wonderful calming influence on society- (referred to as mind-numbing I think)

Regards Jennie

Sorry Jennie but You ! Calming !

I'll get me coat before you cyberelly clock me one
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula2007 View Post
Hi Jennie

Thanks for your good wishes and comments - regarding you suggestion about sending our application to another Immigration office - I will have to look into that - when you think of it - London seems to be the base for the whole of Europe so no wonder they are overwhelmed with Parent Visa applications - Hamilton in New Zealand says "up to 18 months" wait which is better than 2 years before we are allocated a case officer.

Paula

Why not come to NZ on a visitors visa to visit your nearest and $$$ dearest and then lodge your application whilst here and from here, perhaps visiting the NZIS office in person . Maybe that would do the trick. It does seem to me that where you lodge your application is where it is processed.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS here View Post
Sorry Jennie but You ! Calming !

I'll get me coat before you cyberelly clock me one
Moi?
Violent?
More mind- numbing as I said.
If one adopts a tone and an accent (a bit like Peter Cook with Dudley Moore} it is possible to bore someone to death, if one can keep the monologue up long enough!
I can
But you must not get your coat and walk out on me before I've finished!