Parent visa

Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default Parent visa

Hi people,

Have looked at this subject on previous posts but would appreciate any updated news on the topic.

I'm aware that theyve tightened up the requirements for gettting ones folks over here. Theres 3 of us "kids" and 2 of us are in NZ so the pendulum is pointing towards NZ - no problem. I believe that one now has to have a joint income of NZ$90K to be able to apply too - is that correct?

Another question - Pensions. My folks just live on the UK state pension only. I read that theres a reciprocal agreement between the 2 countries but thats as simple as it gets. When it comes to looking for how much they would get..............I cant find a rough figure. Anybody in the know?

cheers
Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Parent visa

I believe that as they are already drawing their UK state pensions, then that will be the pensions they will have here. At point of residency in NZ , their UK state pensions will be frozen at the rate they receive at that moment in time. No index-linked increases. The pensions would be forex'd over and so the xchange rate would come into play.

There is now a two tier system & that's all about dosh. Tier one gets priority. It seems that Tier 2 may be forever in waiting.

Settlement funds for Tier One =
"To meet the minimum income requirements applicants must bring at least NZ$500,000"
NIZS say this about the guranteed minimum income requirement.

Guaranteed lifetime minimum income

To meet the minimum income requirements, applicants must have a guaranteed lifetime minimum income of at least NZ$27,203 per annum.

If a partner is also included in the application, the applicants jointly must have a guaranteed lifetime minimum income of at least NZ$39,890 per annum.

Guaranteed lifetime minimum income is defined as an annual income that is paid to a person indefinitely. Income can only be considered ‘indefinite’ if it will continue to be paid once someone becomes a New Zealand resident and citizen.
As their sponsor you also need to meet requirements , including that of income.

Sponsor’s income

To meet the minimum income requirements your sponsor or their partner must earn a minimum of NZ$65,000 per annum. Alternatively, your sponsor and their partner can earn a combined income of NZ$90,000 per annum.

The minimum income requirement can be met through any one or a combination of the following sources of personal income:
  • Sustained paid employment
  • Regular self-employment
  • Regular investment income.
Hope that helps a bit and get's you started.
Hopefully those more in the know will be along later.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 4th 2013 at 10:04 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

wendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nice

Having done a lot of research in this area, I understand you can trade your UK State Pension for a NZ Pension, if your parent(s) are on basic state pension they will be better off on an NZ Pension, if they have an enhanced Pension through SERPS contributions it may be better to stay with the UK Pension it depends how much the Pension is and the good old exchange rate!
You should also qualify for the Gold Card which is the NZ version of our bus pass, it also works on the ferry! For a woman, you have to be 65 to qualify for a NZ Pension. My OH and I are both recipients of UK State Pension and will keep them until I am 65 (I am "only" 62 now).

You probably earn enough to Sponsor your Parent(s) under Tier 1, I also believe you don't have to meet the old requirement that an "equal number of more" children live outside of the UK, so only one child in New Zealand should be ok, read it all up on the NZ website, its quite a simple process!!
Good Luck!!
Old Mar 12th 2013, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

Gutted

Tier 1 requirements include
* Sponsor’s income
* Guaranteed lifetime minimum income
* Settlement funds.
Sponsor’s income

To meet the minimum income requirements your sponsor or their partner must earn a minimum of NZ$65,000 per annum. Alternatively, your sponsor and their partner can earn a combined income of NZ$90,000 per annum.
That would be possible once I get through my degree

Guaranteed lifetime minimum income

To meet the minimum income requirements, applicants must have a guaranteed lifetime minimum income of at least NZ$27,203 per annum.

If a partner is also included in the application, the applicants jointly must have a guaranteed lifetime minimum income of at least NZ$39,890 per annum.
I dont know if my folks combined state pension would add up to the equivalent of NZ40K

Settlement funds

To meet the minimum income requirements applicants must bring at least NZ$500,000 to New Zealand, demonstrate ownership of those funds and assets, and demonstrate that the funds and assets have been earned or acquired legally and be unencumbered.
This is the show stopper for a Tier 1 app for my folks. Their house is only worth about 100K which isnt even NZ200K. So thats that...................

EOIs have to be submitted first
18 February 2013 draw

A selection of Expressions of Interest (EOIs) under the Parent Category took place on 18 February 2013. There were 1,612 places available in this selection and all the places were filled with Tier One EOIs. No existing applications or Tier Two EOIs were selected.

So onto Tier 2 -

Sponsor’s income

To meet the minimum income requirements your sponsor must have a gross income of at least NZ$33,675 per annum. This requirement can be met through any one or a combination of the following sources of personal income.
Thats ok. But this is the show stopper.......................
In order to qualify for residence under tier two of the Parent Category, all of your adult children must live lawfully and permanently outside the country that you (and your partner) reside.

Thats that dream over then. I'm here, my sister is her on a work visa as a nurse. I have a 2nd sister who is a copper in the UK and hasnt shown any interest to come and visit here, never mind move here.

GUTTED. It used to be an axis thing concerning siblings. Now what??????

A lifetime of skype ?
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:29 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ve/parent/eoi/

Just checking that you realise you only need one of the tier one financial requirements?

Don't give up hope. You still have a possible option a little further ahead ....

Last edited by Tan0410; Mar 13th 2013 at 7:34 am.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tan0410
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ve/parent/eoi/

Just checking that you realise you only need one of the tier one financial requirements?

There are two pages about this, one is really unclear. This one clears up some of the possible confusion - in my opinion
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...eetFeb2013.pdf

How would read the above link concerning the numbers? 962 applications comprising of 1612 people were selected.is that just a set number of which there are many many more not selected?

"All completed Tier One EOIs that were accepted on or before 15 February 2013 were selected." so does that mean if you put the app in before the next ballot (may) you would/should get selected or have a I read it all wrong.

44% of apps from china - wow !! Thats why the glenfield spa/sauna//steam room is full of elderly chinese
Old Apr 1st 2013, 6:37 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that all tier 1's will always get accepted straight after submission. Think this is happening at the moment purely because the system is new and there is not a back-log of tier 1 applicants.

I guess that as time goes on, the numbers of applications under tier 1 may increase again and some may not get selected.

I am assuming this though ...