Parent sponsorship

Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Marrisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parent sponsorship

Originally Posted by jennifer45
Another thing for them to consider i the time frame for settling affairs in UK once PR is granted.
If they have property to sell I think it may be prudent to get it on the market now!
If they are fortunate enough to find a buyer ready to meet their asking price with no delays other than those created by the UK legal systemThey could move into unfurnished rental accommodation , whilst they wait for their 'blue stickers'.
Forward planning/selling/giving enables them to carry on working but also means they are ready to go!
Selling our house in the UK added to our stress and added another 8 months to our wait and a 50K reduction in price asked.{NO-Not over valued- but they knew we were emigrating and had flights booked!}
Hi Jennifer

Luckily they have no home to sell, they did that a few years ago and currently rent a house that comes with my Fathers work, so easy on that side of things. Again though they are very reluctant to do anything until they get that final yes. We have all the information ready to put the plan into action, we just need the action!!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

For us the one good thing about the multiple entry application is that you have to submit a medical, police checks and sponsorship form with it, and with my mother in her 80's having received her passport stamped with her visa back, there should be no problems when her residency application is eventually heard. She sailed through it... so this time next year we're hoping she will be able to stay for good...
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
For us the one good thing about the multiple entry application is that you have to submit a medical, police checks and sponsorship form with it, and with my mother in her 80's having received her passport stamped with her visa back, there should be no problems when her residency application is eventually heard. She sailed through it... so this time next year we're hoping she will be able to stay for good...
That is awesome that your mother at her age is willing and ready to start a new life with you - what a magical thing to happen. You are so very lucky and I of course wish you all he best.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:22 am
Just Joined

yorkshire girl has a spectacular aura aboutyorkshire girl has a spectacular aura aboutyorkshire girl has a spectacular aura about

Hi Marrissa

All I can say is stay positive.We sponsored my parents and they have been here for a year.Although they told us 12 to 18 months it only took 6 and it was quite a shock when the letter came to tell them they had PR.My kids are 8 and 10 and we had been here 5 years when they arrived so I know just what your going through,but it was definitely worth itI am not saying its a piece of cake but now they are here it was worth all the hassle they went through.You will have every day with them when they finally get here,and although it seems like its taking forever its worth the wait.Just keep your fingers crossed!!
Yorkshire girl
Old Feb 19th 2011, 2:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yorkshire girl
Hi Marrissa

All I can say is stay positive.We sponsored my parents and they have been here for a year.Although they told us 12 to 18 months it only took 6 and it was quite a shock when the letter came to tell them they had PR.My kids are 8 and 10 and we had been here 5 years when they arrived so I know just what your going through,but it was definitely worth itI am not saying its a piece of cake but now they are here it was worth all the hassle they went through.You will have every day with them when they finally get here,and although it seems like its taking forever its worth the wait.Just keep your fingers crossed!!
Yorkshire girl
Hiya

Thank you so much for this! We are staying as positive as possible but I worry for them and for our daughter who is missing out. Anyway, that sounds amazing that you now have your family with you and you can enjoy life together - fantastic!

Finger crossed crossed crossed
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

jayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had a look at the Grand Parent Multiple entry visa? It allows you to stay for upto 18mths in a three year period in three month bursts.

We've got my Mums main papers in last October and were told 18-24 mths till decision heard. Research and comms with other expats has lead me to believe that 18-24ths is by and large the extreme to gaining residency through sponsorship and alot of cases are heard and decisions made within 12-18 mths.

So we've this january also put in for the multiple entry visa so my mum will be coming over this june/july time. She stay for three consecutive tours of 6 months with if required a short trip to Oz and back to re stamp the visa. She's allowed to have one way tickets and does not need to sort out onward travel from NZ till nearer to her first six month expiry. Bit of a gamble but the exptectation is that her main application will be heard whilst she is already over here.

If you go this route and your parents medicals and stuff are all current, immigration will gladly cross reference them as they did for my mum. the application itself only costs 65 quid and takes about 3-4 weeks to process...

Might be something to consider...
Been there, done that and 16 months after our application for residency was lodged things seem to be moving forward as we've been notified by letter that our application is being assessed by an Immigration officer. We take this to mean we have a case Officer. The only risk with the Parent/grandparent visitor visa is that when you've used up your 18months allowance you may have to leave and wait for residency from outside the country. However as your parents have a head start because they applied in October and won't start their visitor visa until June they will probably be home and dry by the time they've used up their 18 months entitlement. medicals etc permitting, of course
Old Mar 9th 2011, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayandbill
Been there, done that and 16 months after our application for residency was lodged things seem to be moving forward as we've been notified by letter that our application is being assessed by an Immigration officer. We take this to mean we have a case Officer. The only risk with the Parent/grandparent visitor visa is that when you've used up your 18months allowance you may have to leave and wait for residency from outside the country. However as your parents have a head start because they applied in October and won't start their visitor visa until June they will probably be home and dry by the time they've used up their 18 months entitlement. medicals etc permitting, of course
That's what we're hoping for...
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Awwh I really feel for you - if you really cant wait and you have waited a long time , can you not go and visit them ?
Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bolton1
Awwh I really feel for you - if you really cant wait and you have waited a long time , can you not go and visit them ?
(thank you JayandBill and Simonmarkellis for your words - any help is appreciated!).

Thanks for your words too Bolton1, I feel sorry for myself too!! My parents have been out twice in 4 years, and we went back last year to see them, but only two weeks and thats a blip on the lifeline. I guess I just miss them seeing their Granddaughter, and of course she misses them too.

Everyone's help on here really is lovely - thank you all xx
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

jayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond repute

That's what we're hoping for...
Thought you might like to know that 16 months after our application we have just been told we have been granted PR, subject to our providing current proof of our Sponsor's (our son's) employment and capability to provide for us, should we need it. Oh! and paying the Migrant Levy of course. So our passports go to Immigration next week for that all important Permit stamp. We were assigned a Case Officer 5 weeks ago so things have moved quickly since then. Hang in there, it might not take as long as you think. Although 15 months waiting for something, anything, to happen does seem like a lifetime. Good luck
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 4:42 am
Just Joined

Thought you might like to know that 16 months after our application we have just been told we have been granted PR, subject to our providing current proof of our Sponsor's (our son's) employment and capability to provide for us, should we need it. Oh! and paying the Migrant Levy of course. So our passports go to Immigration next week for that all important Permit stamp. We were assigned a Case Officer 5 weeks ago so things have moved quickly since then. Hang in there, it might not take as long as you think. Although 15 months waiting for something, anything, to happen does seem like a lifetime. Good luck
Awwwww CONGRATS! Thanks for letting me know - 16 months is great, I keep worrying about the whole thing but we are already into 6 months since we submitted, time does fly, I just hope they really really get onto ours soon. Enjoy the journey ahead...its going to be amazing xx
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

That's fantastic... great news...
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 7:50 am
Just Joined

yorkshire girl has a spectacular aura aboutyorkshire girl has a spectacular aura aboutyorkshire girl has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations!! I feel coffee and cake at the mount an appropriate way to celebrate!!Its worth all the waiting when your finally here for good,hope the stamps don't take too long!!!
Victoria
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 8:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Waaahhh! Brilliant.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys

Just a little update - not a great one sadly.

I wrote to the London Immigration branch who are dealing with my parents application, just trying to gauge a general time frame with what is happening. Really my parents want to come out an visit and I mentioned to them that spending a stupid amount of travelling again when they could be using this to relocate would be a better option.

Anyway, the response was that right now its sitting on exactly 24 months before they even look at it....devestated.

Application is only 10 months in.....we have been here 5 years now without family and right now I am swayed towards just leaving NZ for good, no family interests at all here in NZ, its heart breaking.

Good luck to anyone who has their applications in right now...and hope you are enjoying the snow!!

Marrisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.