Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Parent Retirement Category - advice requested

Parent Retirement Category - advice requested

Old Oct 5th 2015, 5:34 am
Just Joined

metarzan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Parent Retirement Category - advice requested

I have been a Kiwi citizen for over 20 years
My parents are both 87 and unsurprisingly not in the very best of health. Various conditions include diabetes, pacemakers, anticoagulant therapy and an age-related slowing of cognitive function. Having said that they have been able to look after themselves very well to date and probably have quite a few years left.
They are at the stage where either I have to go back to live in England to look after them (not my first choice) or they have to come over to NZ - which would make it easier for me.
I have looked at the Parent Retirement Category as the best option for them, but I would like some advice from folks who have gone this way for example how strict the health checks are and the time taken to go through this process.
I only wish they had done this 10 years ago, life would have been so much better for them over here.
Thanks.