British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   PAR result recived now submitting EOI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/par-result-recived-now-submitting-eoi-776890/)

zebust Nov 7th 2012 10:06 am

PAR result recived now submitting EOI

i am from Pakistan and i submitted for PAR on 1 November and received result on 5th Nov (pretty quick i guess :) )

i got:
level 7 for my Bachelor degree in Information Technology(4 years)
level 9 for my Masters degree in Telcom & Network (2 years)

my total points are 125 as follow:

qualification: 60 (level 9)
experience: 15 (more than 4 & less than 6)
bonus for qualification in skill shortage list: 10
bonus for experience in skill shortage list: 10

no more potential points like, points for partner skills or quanlification.

should i go ahead with submitting EOI, what are my chances.
i also have vendor certifications like, JNCIS, CCNA, CCNP and couple of other cisco certification... will these certification help??

Aurangzeb Khan

sam_79 Nov 8th 2012 9:19 am

Re: PAR result recived now submitting EOI

Originally Posted by zebust (Post 10370476)
i am from Pakistan and i submitted for PAR on 1 November and received result on 5th Nov (pretty quick i guess :) )

i got:
level 7 for my Bachelor degree in Information Technology(4 years)
level 9 for my Masters degree in Telcom & Network (2 years)

my total points are 125 as follow:

qualification: 60 (level 9)
experience: 15 (more than 4 & less than 6)
bonus for qualification in skill shortage list: 10
bonus for experience in skill shortage list: 10

no more potential points like, points for partner skills or quanlification.

should i go ahead with submitting EOI, what are my chances.
i also have vendor certifications like, JNCIS, CCNA, CCNP and couple of other cisco certification... will these certification help??

Aurangzeb Khan

Hi There,

EOI with 125 is a bit low to be pulled form the pool. However, you may check the history of EOI selection on the NZI website
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...681F9607F2.htm
so you can determine if your total points have been selected in any previous draw form the pool.

On the other hand, How many points you can claim for qualifications depends on what level your qualification occupies on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework; therefore, your IT Vendor certificates should also be evaluated against the NZQA framework, and if no points are given for your IT certificates by NZQA, then you will not be able to claim points for that.
You may check the NZQA offcial page and for that also.

If you are married, and your wife is a graduate and has the required level of English; then you may be able to claim bonus points for your partner's qualification.

Good luck..

zebust Nov 9th 2012 10:42 am

Originally Posted by sam_79 (Post 10372319)
Hi There,

EOI with 125 is a bit low to be pulled form the pool. However, you may check the history of EOI selection on the NZI website
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...681F9607F2.htm
so you can determine if your total points have been selected in any previous draw form the pool.

On the other hand, How many points you can claim for qualifications depends on what level your qualification occupies on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework; therefore, your IT Vendor certificates should also be evaluated against the NZQA framework, and if no points are given for your IT certificates by NZQA, then you will not be able to claim points for that.
You may check the NZQA offcial page and for that also.

If you are married, and your wife is a graduate and has the required level of English; then you may be able to claim bonus points for your partner's qualification.

Good luck..

Thanks Sam_79 for your reply.

i am hoping for a job offer. i have already sent email to few potential employee with my CV. recently i got reply from one of them, and they are asking me for a definite arrival date.

now i have following things in my mind.

- i believe a job offer may fetch me another 50 points(its within LTSSL) and raising my points to 175, and its within LTSSL, am i right??

- if i succeed in getting a job offer, how much time usually it takes you to land in NZ after EOI gets selected. i have estimated 10 months time, from now(if everything goes smooth).

- should i reply to employer's email with 10 months (would the employer wait for that much time, and provide me a job offer)

anyone with an advice, please help.

Regards
Aurangzeb Khan

BEVS Dec 1st 2012 4:52 am

Originally Posted by zebust (Post 10374130)
- should i reply to employer's email with 10 months (would the employer wait for that much time, and provide me a job offer)

No. I wouldn't but that's just me and not you .

I would tell this employer that right at the very moment he can offer you the job ,in writing, that you will immediately go all out to get a temporary work visa/permit to get you here and working for him.

Job offer = all wishes these days.