British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   PAR necessary or not (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/par-necessary-not-710964/)

syedrahil Mar 26th 2011 7:50 pm

PAR necessary or not

Hi,
Can I apply directly for IQA and then submit EOI and save 138$ for PAR or is PAR compulsory before submitting EOI?

Cheers

farzanakhan123 Mar 27th 2011 4:03 am

Re: PAR necessary or not

Originally Posted by syedrahil (Post 9266407)
Hi,
Can I apply directly for IQA and then submit EOI and save 138$ for PAR or is PAR compulsory before submitting EOI?

Cheers

You can direcly apply to IQA without PAR.

Rockey Apr 8th 2011 11:14 am

Rather it is better to do IQA directly instead of PAR, because in PAR most of the time the given LEVEL is not correct and it is changed in IQA latter.

robbyarg Apr 9th 2011 12:44 am

I think you can. However, it's only for your best benefit to not make a big committment like IQA (which can be costly) without first affirming whether your qualifications could hold any merit for a positive NZQA assessment for migration.

Also, be sure to know about all the requirements and things like the verification process and that you have to pay for that too, and whether your university is exempt from the NZQA etc.

Hi,

Cheers

rif Apr 11th 2011 9:14 am

Our Degrees are in list of Exception on NZQA website. Do we still have to go for PAR/ IQA or our Degrees would be recognized.

Best regards,

BEVS Apr 11th 2011 10:20 pm

Hi Rif.

Sri Lanka isn't it? Been there for a touring holiday once. :)

I take it you did check the date /year and institution for your degrees on the list.

If they are listed, then you don't need an NZQA assessment. (NZQA - New Zealand Qualification Authority)

BEVS Apr 11th 2011 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Rockey (Post 9293235)
Rather it is better to do IQA directly instead of PAR, because in PAR most of the time the given LEVEL is not correct and it is changed in IQA latter.

Not strictly correct.

A PAR is a preliminary assessment of just one qualification. It doesn't take into account all education & qualifications. Therefore the level will reflect that one qualification.

A full NZQA assessment will take into account ALL your qualifications and will compare your degrees/education on a module by module basis with that of New Zealand.

If your qualifications match everything , then you will be awarded the same level as for the NZ standard.

BEVS Apr 11th 2011 10:33 pm

Hi,

Cheers

To be clear for anyone looking in, you gained your qualifications in Pakistan. Pakistan does not appear on the list of qualifications exempt from assessment.

Assessments are undertaken by the national New Zealand Qualification Authority - NZQA. They monitor and assess ALL New Zealand qualification standards and are a separate body from New Zealand Immigration Service. Therefore they are not IQA.

Yes. If you want to , there is nothing to stop you applying for a full NZQA assessment. However, a PAR would give you an indication of 2 things:-

1 - That your qualification will be in any way recognised.
2 - What that level might be.

However it is , of course, entirely up to you.

wali007 Apr 12th 2011 6:32 am

So this means , if i am applying from pakistan.I need to get education assessment from NZQA 1st and then apply for NZ immigration.

Can any share link for assessment site.

Thank you

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9299304)
To be clear for anyone looking in, you gained your qualifications in Pakistan. Pakistan does not appear on the list of qualifications exempt from assessment.

Assessments are undertaken by the national New Zealand Qualification Authority - NZQA. They monitor and assess ALL New Zealand qualification standards and are a separate body from New Zealand Immigration Service. Therefore they are not IQA.

Yes. If you want to , there is nothing to stop you applying for a full NZQA assessment. However, a PAR would give you an indication of 2 things:-

1 - That your qualification will be in any way recognised.
2 - What that level might be.

However it is , of course, entirely up to you.

BEVS Apr 12th 2011 7:36 am

Originally Posted by wali007 (Post 9299877)
So this means , if i am applying from pakistan.I need to get education assessment from NZQA 1st

If it isn't recognised , then yes. However, you have already posted you have gained some recognition from Australia which may help.

and then apply for NZ immigration.
If you have the points , then you can try.

Can any share link for assessment site.

Thank you[/quote]