PAR or IQA

Old Nov 20th 2014, 10:23 am
Just Joined

lomani is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile PAR or IQA

Hello Dear All,
I want to asses my qualification through NZQA, i am little confused either to asses with PAR or IQA , as i read on the web that it is better to go for IQA .

One more question is that my Master degree is exempt from the assessment but my bachelor is not , do i need to asses bachelor Degree from NZQA ..

waiting for your swift anticipation
KR
Old Nov 20th 2014, 5:48 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PAR or IQA

if you want to claim points for qualification and it is not on the exempt list you need it assessed. I believe the PAR is just an indication of what you could expect to receive and the IQA is what you will need to submit with your application.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:41 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

MrsF is right
You only need a PAR when submitting an EOI but will need an IQA if invited to apply. Up to you as obviously an IQA is also acceptable for submitting an EOI however it is more expensive.

As to your other question: you gain more points for a masters and it is on the list so no need for assessment.
But: if you are in a job on the LTSSL and wish to claim bonus points [and possibly all work experience] for this then you will need the exact qualification listed on the LTSSL.
This may mean you need to get your Bachelors assessed even though you are claiming the qualification points for your masters.

If you are not on the LTSSL then you probably don't need to bother.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Post Re: PAR or IQA

Thanks Mrs Fychan & Persephone, I got my Point .
I have one more question , I have one year Masters by Research from Italy, could you please tell me wether it will count in work experience as in some countries they count master by research in work experience also...

waiting for your response
KR
Lomani
Old Nov 24th 2014, 7:23 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry I personally don't know the answer to that question
Old Nov 24th 2014, 2:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I don't know the answer either. Maybe try asking NZIS directly?
Old Nov 27th 2014, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks Ms Persephone .could you pls let me know how can i reach to NZIS?