British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Paper Application Attempted Delivery - Office Closed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/paper-application-attempted-delivery-office-closed-899546/)

Ria_ Jul 13th 2017 8:11 am

Paper Application Attempted Delivery - Office Closed

So I've been tracking my paper visa application for the past 2 weeks. It says that they attempted delivery on the 11th July, but the office was closed so they left a card! No update since. :(

Is this normal? Bit worried that it's going to make its way back to me in another 2 weeks' time...

Will INZ collect it from some sort of sorting/delivery office? Or will they re-attempt the delivery?

The address I was told to send it to was:
Immigration New Zealand,
Level 3,
20 Amersham Way,
Manukau City 2104,
Auckland,
New Zealand

inkedneonurse Jul 13th 2017 10:58 am

Re: Paper Application Attempted Delivery - Office Closed

I had this with my nursing registration they automatically re-delivered it. are you tracking it via NZ post? try emailing them. I've also had one tracked to local hub but was not scanned again as delivered, however it must have been as I got a confirmation from the people I sent it to.

inkedneonurse Jul 13th 2017 10:59 am

also maybe try emailing INZ to see if they've got it

Ria_ Jul 13th 2017 11:06 am

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse (Post 12293445)
also maybe try emailing INZ to see if they've got it

Good idea. Would they just need my name to check it's been received? Just cautious now that I'm emailing them too much :rofl:

Tracking through Royal Mail. NZ Post website doesn't give me in-depth tracking options for the package. Just that it's undelivered.

What's amazed me the most is how quickly it travelled from my local post office to taking off from Heathrow in less than a day. Then sat in Auckland for over a week after having arrived...

inkedneonurse Jul 13th 2017 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Ria_ (Post 12293450)
Good idea. Would they just need my name to check it's been received? Just cautious now that I'm emailing them too much :rofl:

Tracking through Royal Mail. NZ Post website doesn't give me in-depth tracking options for the package. Just that it's undelivered.

What's amazed me the most is how quickly it travelled from my local post office to taking off from Heathrow in less than a day. Then sat in Auckland for over a week after having arrived...

yep posted mine on the Thursday was delivered on the Tuesday, name and client/application number is usually what the need :thumbup:

Ria_ Jul 13th 2017 11:33 am

No idea about client/application numbers so I'll just give them my name then.

Yours arrived in days?! :eek: How did you sort that one out? Mine cost me £15+ to post, and that was on the 30th June.

inkedneonurse Jul 13th 2017 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Ria_ (Post 12293461)
No idea about client/application numbers so I'll just give them my name then.

Yours arrived in days?! :eek: How did you sort that one out? Mine cost me £15+ to post, and that was on the 30th June.

must have got lucky, literally left the post office at 1700 on the Thursday and was on the plane at 0100 on Friday.

Ria_ Jul 13th 2017 11:44 am

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse (Post 12293472)
must have got lucky, literally left the post office at 1700 on the Thursday and was on the plane at 0100 on Friday.

That was my exact experience. 5pm on a Friday, then was on the plane already by Saturday. The package getting to Auckland wasn't the problem. It was the package just sitting around chillin' in Auckland for a week before it went anywhere else :lol:

inkedneonurse Jul 13th 2017 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Ria_ (Post 12293479)
That was my exact experience. 5pm on a Friday, then was on the plane already by Saturday. The package getting to Auckland wasn't the problem. It was the package just sitting around chillin' in Auckland for a week before it went anywhere else :lol:

I've said it before, i'm looking forwarded to the relaxed nature of NZ.......when i'm out there this end of the world its a right royal pain in the whatnot

:banghead:

Ria_ Jul 13th 2017 11:54 am

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse (Post 12293481)
I've said it before, i'm looking forwarded to the relaxed nature of NZ.......when i'm out there this end of the world its a right royal pain in the whatnot

:banghead:

Exactly! :lol:

I'm sure my package is just soaking up the Kiwi lifestyle, recovering from the jetlag.

It's easier to be laid back when everything and everyone else around you is laidback. I can and will totally get behind that.

But right now, I have my British hat on and my package isn't where it should be :rofl:

Ria_ Jul 14th 2017 8:04 am

Three days later, and my visa application has been marked as delivered!

So for anyone else who may be worried about their visa application not being delivered... just be patient! :rofl:

inkedneonurse Jul 14th 2017 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Ria_ (Post 12294270)
Three days later, and my visa application has been marked as delivered!

So for anyone else who may be worried about their visa application not being delivered... just be patient! :rofl:

:thumbsup:

BEVS Jul 14th 2017 12:08 pm

Do you guys need another interlude to help calm the mindeo.?

This one has the correct tapping action. Oh. Yes. It . Has.

Ria_ Jul 14th 2017 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12294426)
Do you guys need another interlude to help calm the mindeo.?

This one has the correct tapping action. Oh. Yes. It . Has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqi0kMrpIcg

Now I just need to stick this on loop for the next four months, and I think I'll be okay...

inkedneonurse Jul 14th 2017 12:27 pm

Just think of summer meadows and unicorns....
Maybe :drinkingbeer: some waterfalls