British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Panel Doctors (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/panel-doctors-635151/)

janiejones Oct 11th 2009 7:53 pm

Panel Doctors

We've had our EOI selected, and all being well, we may receive our ITA when we're on holiday in NZ. We've got a packed itinery booked, but will have a few days spare in Christchurch and Auckland.

Would it be cheaper for us to get our medicals out there?

TIA.

MnB Oct 11th 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Panel Doctors

Originally Posted by janiejones (Post 8008437)
We've had our EOI selected, and all being well, we may receive our ITA when we're on holiday in NZ. We've got a packed itinery booked, but will have a few days spare in Christchurch and Auckland.

TIA.

If you have no significant medical problems/ history and everything straight forward I think it probably is cheaper to get them done in NZ, but 'shop' around here to get an idea of costs, they do vary. I paid £298.81 for medical, blood tests & chest x ray ( that was for 1 adult)

HTH B x

garfield250 Oct 12th 2009 3:13 am

Originally Posted by janiejones (Post 8008437)

TIA.

Guys,

You can make an appiontment with a doctor to do the medicals and then check with the local readiology department for x rays, but you must also add in the cost of the doctors appointment (approx $30 per person per visit) plus the cost of the radiology appointment) plus the cost for the medicals etc.

But the appoitments will depend on whether they can fit you in etc and whether they are willing to give you the medicals and X-rays.

However as a cautionary note, would spending a lot of money on medicals and x rays be justified if you do not receive the ITA?

Not trying to dampen your thoughts but looking from a practical angle. :fingerscrossed:

BEVS Oct 12th 2009 5:55 am

One further thought. Medicals are only valid for three months

Matewx Oct 12th 2009 7:19 am

Treat your holiday as a holiday... Do your meds once you're back home! Plus you don't want to carry those big Xrays & stuff on the planes & transits... Well i wouldn't anyway!

Shop around for your medicals in the Uk as sometime it pays to drive a bit and somehow your immigration medicals are half the price!

janiejones Oct 12th 2009 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Matewx (Post 8009535)
Treat your holiday as a holiday... Do your meds once you're back home! Plus you don't want to carry those big Xrays & stuff on the planes & transits... Well i wouldn't anyway!

Shop around for your medicals in the Uk as sometime it pays to drive a bit and somehow your immigration medicals are half the price!

Advice taken! We'll enjoy our holidays, take in the sights, and get on with the ITA if we get one when we get back.