Pakistani B-Com Degree and MCSE

Old Oct 27th 2010, 8:08 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Pakistani B-Com Degree and MCSE

Hi there !

We are looking for NZ immigration. I am 40, IT professional with 18 years experience, I have 2 year B-Com (Pakistan) degree and MCSE and CCNA certifications. I also have a 2 year diploma in Computer science from an Institute that no longer exists.

We need some guidance from you wonderful people on how to go about getting my qualifications assessed by NZQA. Is there anyone out there with similar qualifications who has been successful ?

We have been posting actively on the OZ forum and I had my skills assessed but Australian Computer Society on March 24th this year. Would that assessment bring us any points ?

I apologize if my questions are already answered here but We have looked everywhere but couldn't find those !

Thanks in advance for maintaining such a wonderful forum.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:16 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pakistani B-Com Degree and MCSE

Originally Posted by foha2012
We have been posting actively on the OZ forum and I had my skills assessed but Australian Computer Society on March 24th this year. Would that assessment bring us any points ?
No it won´t I´m afraid, your quals would need assessing by NZQA.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 7:20 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by simonsi
No it won´t I´m afraid, your quals would need assessing by NZQA.
Thanks Simon,

Excuse my ignorance, but do I have to pay 138 $s twice if I wanted to get my MCSE and BCOM assessed ?

I have emailed them asking how many points my 2 qualifications would bring. Do you have any idea ?

Thanks again !

Cheers,

TAA
Old Oct 28th 2010, 7:35 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse my ignorance, but do I have to pay 138 $s twice if I wanted to get my MCSE and BCOM assessed ?
Not sure - I dont think there is any point getting the MCSE assessed, it is what it is but doesnt relate to any relevant NZ qualification that will get you any points as far as I am aware. I would check with them beforehand before paying for the MCSE.

It depends what they assess your degree as equivalent to as to how many points it will get you so impossible to say beforehand IMHO.

Regards
Old Oct 29th 2010, 1:06 pm
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by simonsi
Not sure - I dont think there is any point getting the MCSE assessed, it is what it is but doesnt relate to any relevant NZ qualification that will get you any points as far as I am aware. I would check with them beforehand before paying for the MCSE.

It depends what they assess your degree as equivalent to as to how many points it will get you so impossible to say beforehand IMHO.

Regards
Thanks again Simon,

I just got reply back from QRS. Well its basically a cut and paste reply that doesn't answer anything!

Upon visiting the links they mailed, It seems that I will have to take a risk and get my degree assessed, they wont tell how many points it will bring.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Nov 17th 2010, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks again Simon,

I just got reply back from QRS. Well its basically a cut and paste reply that doesn't answer anything!

Upon visiting the links they mailed, It seems that I will have to take a risk and get my degree assessed, they wont tell how many points it will bring.

Cheers,

TAA
Hi foha2012,

I think you will be aware with my ID as i am also an affecti of OZ Policy change. Well I applied PAR for my spouse 2 years Bsc and 2 Years BEd to NZQA, and they assessed it at Level 5 on the register in Pre-Assessment.

My 16 years total qualification with final 2 years MCS after 14 years of qualification has been assessed at Level 7 on the Register.

do I have to pay 138 $s twice if I wanted to get my MCSE and BCOM assessed ?
I am not aware that either they will assess MCSE / CCNA as i hadn't Found these on the register, but well you need to pay 138$ for each Qualification you will ask for assessment.

But I think the final degree assessment will be OK if it meet the criteria on the Register at NZQF.

Hope this will clarify you