British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Oz police clearance after 40 years? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/oz-police-clearance-after-40-years-760514/)

GrannyPen Jun 3rd 2012 10:48 am

Oz police clearance after 40 years?

As a sponsor for my British husband, I have been told I need a Police Certificate from England where we have been living for 30 years and also an Australian Police Certificate as I was born there and have an Oz passport..I haven't lived in Australia for 40 years..do I really need a police clearance from there as well?

simonsi Jun 3rd 2012 11:45 am

Re: Oz police clearance after 40 years?

Told by whom? If NZIS officially then I guess you do, if not then I'd suggest you check with NZIS...

GrannyPen Jun 3rd 2012 4:42 pm

I got this information over the phone from Immig. office in Auckland but cannot find it in INZ1178 Partnership Support Form for Residence. It only requests "police certificate for all countries that you have lived in for 12 months or more in the seven years prior to the date the application is made?"

concretepump Jun 3rd 2012 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by GrannyPen (Post 10097988)
I got this information over the phone from Immig. office in Auckland but cannot find it in INZ1178 Partnership Support Form for Residence. It only requests "police certificate for all countries that you have lived in for 12 months or more in the seven years prior to the date the application is made?"

hi no you just need , one from uk, as you have lived in uk for more than seven years:thumbsup:

simonsi Jun 3rd 2012 7:52 pm

Check the form is the latest version from the website and go with that, i think your phone discussion had a misunderstanding in it.

MrsFychan Jun 3rd 2012 10:01 pm

when we were applying for PR husband was asked for a police cert from Jamaica as that was where he was born, he actually left when he was a few months old but he had to get a sworn affidavit to that affect.
It may be different with the sponsorship but I would give Immigration another call and say that the website information only calls for ones for the countries in the last 7 years and you would like it clarified in writing.

jjsebba Jun 4th 2012 10:40 am

I was born in SA and had to supply police clearance from there even though I've been in the uk 16 years. On the work visa forms, it states that you need police clearance of any country you are a citizen of as well as from places you have lived in for more than 1 year in the last 10...
So on that basis, I'd have thought you do need one from oz because your a citizen/hold a Aussie passport!

Persephone Jun 5th 2012 10:27 am

Hi
Form INZ1178 Partnership Support Form for Residence states :

A18 If you are aged 18 years and over, have you attached police certificate(s) for all countries that you have lived in for 12 months or more (whether on one visit or intermittently) in the seven years prior to the date the application is made?
This includes your home country.
(If you have lived in New Zealand for 12 months or more, INZ will obtain the New Zealand police certificate after you submit this form.)
This is all it asks for so that is all I would send in. If you want to double check then email NZIS or try phoning Auckland [and hope you get someone else;)] or another office.