British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Overseas Police Checks - Germany (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/overseas-police-checks-germany-473052/)

figa Aug 10th 2007 9:52 am

Overseas Police Checks - Germany

Hi,

Having lived in Germany in the 1980's and 1990's serving with the forces I see that I have to get police checks from there too. Has anyone on this forum had to do the same? If so where do I apply to and also what do I say????

Another form to fill! Hey Ho

happynz Aug 11th 2007 1:06 am

Re: Overseas Police Checks - Germany

Her's a big ol' fat cut and paste from the NZIS site detailing how to get a police clearance from Germany...

Germany
Procedures

If you are unable to provide a police certificate you must provide a separate statutory declaration in both English and your own language, detailing your attempts to obtain a police certificate and stating whether you and any accompanying family members have been found guilty or convicted of, or charged with offences against the law in that country, or have not been charged with any offences against the law of that country. This statutory declaration should also be corroborated by other information attesting to your character.

If police certificates become a year old from date of issue before a decision is made on an application, visa and immigration officers may request further police certificates. Further police certificates may also be requested within the 12 month period if there is good reason to do so.

The procedures for obtaining a police certificate for some countries state that the police authorities will only send the certificate direct to Immigration New Zealand. It is recommended that in such cases applicants should request their police certificate three months prior to lodging their application for a residence visa or permit. It is also recommended that such applicants provide Immigration New Zealand with a copy of the receipt for the requested police certificate (if this is available) to assist Immigration New Zealand in tracking their certificate.

Residence

* All applicants aged 17 years or over are required to provide police certificates at the time a residence application is lodged unless there is a different instruction in the country-specific information (see below).
* If you have lived for periods of twelve months or more in any other countries during the last ten years, you must obtain additional police certificates from these countries, and also your country(ies) of citizenship unless you can provide satisfactory evidence that you have never lived there.
* Police certificates must be less than six months old at the time you lodge your residence application.

Temporary Entry Visa or Permit

* All applicants aged 17 years or over who are working, visiting or studying in New Zealand for twenty four months or longer are required to provide a police certificate.
* The police certificate is to be provided at the time you lodge your application unless there is a different instruction in the country-specific information (see below).
* Applicants must supply a police certificate from any country in which they have lived for 5 years or more since attaining the age of 17 years as well as their country(ies) of citizenship, unless they can provide satisfactory evidence that they have never lived there.

Specific procedure for Germany

Apply to:

Bundesamt für Justiz
Bundeszentralregister
Sachgebiet IV21 / IR
53094 Bonn
Germany
Telephone +49 228 994 1040
Fax +49 228 994 105050
www.bundesjustizamt.de

You should provide:

1. A certified copy of document of identity (eg passport). Certification can be done through a German Embassy, Consulate or Notary Public.
2. An application for a 'Certificate of Conduct' containing:

* family name at time of birth and currently
* given names
* date and place of birth
* nationality
* where the certificate should be sent to
* signature of applicant

The application must be certified by a German Embassy/Consulate or Notary Public.

3. You must transfer the fee (€13, but check www.bundesjustizamt.de for any change) and provide a copy of the fee transfer as proof of payment. Transfer to:

Deutsche Bundesbank - Filiale Bonn
BLZ 380 000 00
Konto Nr 38001005
BIC/swift-Nr: MARKDEF1380
IBAN-Nr: DE24380000000038001005
To: Bundesamt für Justiz

njk435 Aug 11th 2007 9:01 am

You can also write to Jurisdiction Process Branch address:
JPB
BFPO 140
[add 'via BFPO London' if not in UK]

They are very helpful and will send you a bilingual version of the form.
I just wrote a note explaining the situation, they sent me the form and I posted it (along with 13 Euros) my German police check was back within a month.

My experience is for migrating to Australia, where you do not need to send a translation, but you must send the original police check certificate. May be worth checking with your case officer.

figa Aug 11th 2007 3:41 pm

Thanks for all your help guys.

Figa

welshwales Aug 12th 2007 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by figa (Post 5172065)
Hi,

Having lived in Germany in the 1980's and 1990's serving with the forces I see that I have to get police checks from there too. Has anyone on this forum had to do the same? If so where do I apply to and also what do I say????

Another form to fill! Hey Ho

I was in germany for most of the 1990's but didnt bother mentioning it on the police checks and nothing came up about it.