British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Is it over??????? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/over-612228/)

chippy64 May 31st 2009 4:50 pm

Is it over???????

Our passports have been at NZ House, London since 1st April. Our CO sent email saying she needed to check my OH job offer. When we emailed our man in NZ, he said'well, it's been a while, don't think I have anything for you now!'

I told him my OH would wait until NZ Spring time, when building work normally picks up and would be willing to work anywhere on South Island - still nothing.

Our CO has now emailed saying she thinks our job offer is not genuine (it was when we started) and we have until 25th June to convince her otherwise, or passports will be returned and all that time, money and effort will be for nothing!

To get this close and see it all slipping away is heartbreaking. We are stuck in limbo now. House not sold yet and we need it to finance the move, but now we're not sure if we want to sell as it might then be no NZ and also nowhere to live here!

Sorry to ramble, but really not sure where to go from here, if OH job offer is no longer there. :(:(:(:(:(

bevissa65 May 31st 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Is it over???????

Oh thats so frustrating :thumbdown: Really hope OH gets another job offer. Fingers crossed for you. Any chance of getting another employer to offer him anything in the next 4 weeks? Bevissa

Delilah63 May 31st 2009 7:17 pm

Please dont give up after getting so close,I have been going through the process since last May and after having gone to the expense of travelling to NZ and having successful job interviews I was offered employment only to be made redundant before I could start due to the recession, I have now managed to find employment with another NZ company who are only too happy to help with process of getting to NZ. The problem with house selling is also the same as we experienced but after getting a cash buyer we decided that it was worth selling and if it had all fallen through we would have bought again in the UK whilst prices are low. Again dont give up as NZ is such a wonderful country that it is worth perservering.

Persephone Jun 1st 2009 4:22 am

I am so sorry to hear that, I think you started applying around the same time as me. Maybe try other companies and see if you get anywhere with them. It's got to be worth a try.
It seems a shame to have got this far and then have to give up.
Wishing you all the best:thumbsup:
Sue:D

chippy64 Jun 9th 2009 6:09 pm

Still no job offer, despite contacting lots of companies.

Our CO has said that without job offer we will def not get visa. She has said that my OH was assessed as a level 3 with his Carpenters City and Guilds and that did not qualify for bonus points and therefore not enough points without job offer. It seems so unfair, cos in May, that was changed and his qualification now would be level 4 and worth 50 bonus points. She has said basically - tough, we will be assessed under what was relevant at the time of application and not what is relevant now.

So, short of a miracle, it's all over. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

BEVS Jun 10th 2009 12:40 am

I'd fight that tooth and nail. :frown: You don't have to just accept this.

State you want the case to be referred to the branch manager & ask for that persons name & make sure you get it .Tell the CO that you will be writing to the Branch Manager direct about this as you strongly feel you have & had the required criteria and points even without a job offer. Also state that the job offer was genuine but NZIS processing times allowed the job offer to fall through..

The application could be allowed as an 'exception' to policy as far as I can make out . I'm thinking this because your UK trade quals do match the level required .They always did really and you can point out that it was the NZIS qualification listings that were out of date and not your UK qualification that were below standard. NZIS should , in all fairness, re-consider the application. After all it was their processing times that allowed the application and the job offer to fall through. Therefore this would be a processing complaint as such.

If you get no joy from the Branch Manager you can then approach the Regional Manager.

If you still get no-where there is a bit of a complaints procedure you can go through and finally an ombudsman . That's if you have the stomach and patience for this.
This is not the same as the review board. This is about processing of applications and not those applications chucked out .

Get tough. You have nothing to lose.

RobDon Jun 10th 2009 7:59 am

Totally agree with Bevs. Dont let this go without a fight, you have come so far already. We really wish you the best of luck :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

anniiee Jun 11th 2009 6:51 am

I'll ditto what everyone else has said. Don't just accept what your CO says, it's definatley worth fighting. At one point it looked like it was all over for us, but after many many emails between us and our CO we managed to sort it out.....so hang in there and fight your corner. Wishing you the very best of luck !!:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: