British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Options while waiting for skilled migrant category visa to be processed? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/options-while-waiting-skilled-migrant-category-visa-processed-914099/)

brndn16 Jun 19th 2018 5:58 pm

Options while waiting for skilled migrant category visa to be processed?

Hi all

I have recently sent off my SMC visa paperwork it has been received but as of, yet I have not heard anything from INZ.

I am due to start work on the 23 Oct 2018 I have some concerns that my visa won’t be processed before that date.

I have seen some people applying for temporary visas and was wondering if that is the Essential Skills Work Visa?

Is anyone able to tell me if you have already submitted SMC application do you have to send the information requested for a temporary visa if it is included in your SMC application?

Thanks

inkedneonurse Jun 19th 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Options while waiting for skilled migrant category visa to be processed?

I did this, i applied for the talent (accredited employer) work visa...whats your trade?

as to evidence it varies by visa type but things like medicals and police checks they don’t except ect you to send again

brndn16 Jun 20th 2018 5:21 am

I'm a Mental Health Nurse, thought that may be the case which is a bit of a pain. My start date is movable but I'm not sure how long my prospective employer would be willing to wait.

inkedneonurse Jun 20th 2018 5:23 am

If tour employer is accredited by the INZ them that visa only takes 2-3 weeks to process. Im a nurse and did it that way...are you working for a DHB

brndn16 Jun 20th 2018 4:33 pm

I'll be working for Waikato District Health Board which is on the accredited employer list for INZ. That looks like a better option than the Essential Skills Work Visa and is processed a bit quick so gives me more time to think about it.

Once INZ had received your SMC visa application did they have much contact or was it was just a case of waiting for it to be granted?

inkedneonurse Jun 20th 2018 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by brndn16 (Post 12519505)
I'll be working for Waikato District Health Board which is on the accredited employer list for INZ. That looks like a better option than the Essential Skills Work Visa and is processed a bit quick so gives me more time to think about it.

Once INZ had received your SMC visa application did they have much contact or was it was just a case of waiting for it to be granted?

ah welcome im in the WDHB too, contact wise didn’t receive a lot once id sent every thing, just got the email with the decision letter.

brndn16 Jun 21st 2018 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse (Post 12519567)

ah welcome im in the WDHB too, contact wise didn’t receive a lot once id sent every thing, just got the email with the decision letter.

Thanks! Cheers for the help.

Andrew.Family Jun 22nd 2018 8:37 pm

When did you send your visa application in? Did they acknowledge receipt? Do you know if you have been allocated a case worker yet? Sorry for all the questions but just trying to gauge a SM visa timeline. Good luck with your application.

brndn16 Jun 22nd 2018 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew.Family (Post 12520951)
When did you send your visa application in? Did they acknowledge receipt? Do you know if you have been allocated a case worker yet? Sorry for all the questions but just trying to gauge a SM visa timeline. Good luck with your application.

It arrived with them on the 13/06/18 they have acknowledged receipt as it is on the online system but it has not been a officially lodge yet and no case officer. I have not had any correspondence from them yet. Thanks

inkedneonurse Jun 22nd 2018 10:03 pm

Here is a thread/ timeline i did of our journey

https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-...ney-nz-902202/