One way flights on a 2-3 year work visa?

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice
Post One way flights on a 2-3 year work visa?

Does anyone know if NZ Immi require you to have a return flight if you have a temp work visa?
I am going to submit my EOI at the same time as my work visa so it can tick away in the background as we don't have time to wait for it here (need to be gone by August) so it seems a shame to have to buy a return flight for 2 1/2 people and not use them!

Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

inky78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One way flights on a 2-3 year work visa?

No you do not need to show you have a return ticket. Just had my work visa approved without showing any flight details on it
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:15 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You can't book flights that far ahead anyway so all should be ok. The airline you fly on will want to see your visa when you leave the UK.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

I am on a 9 months work visa, and It is clearly mentioned on my sticker that "Return/Onward ticket not required"
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FriendForEver
I am on a 9 months work visa, and It is clearly mentioned on my sticker that "Return/Onward ticket not required"
hi can i just ask what are you going to do when it runs out
Old Apr 4th 2012, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by concretepump
hi can i just ask what are you going to do when it runs out
Well It is Silver Fern Job Search Work Visa and Initially valid for 9 Months.

If I will get a job offer during this 9 months I can continue staying here as a Silver Fern Practical Experience for up to 24 more months or I can apply for SMC at the same time.