one for all you nurses

Old May 4th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default one for all you nurses

Sorry to bother you all but I need help. I am now in possession of my registration from NCNZ and trying to complete the EOI form. What do I put in under recognised qualifications? I did the hospital based training and do not know if it is a certificate recognised on SMC list( option 3 ) or if it is not on the SMC list,or indeed if it is some other option.It seems to ask for NZQA assessment but I have not done this,only sent off to NCNZ. Probably the answer is there staring at me but I cannot see it.

Thanks in advance

Phyllis
Old May 4th 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: one for all you nurses

Hi Phyllis,

I didn't bother putting anything under recognised qualifications as I took that to be degree, or other qualification such as City and Guild.
My nursing quals are certificate (general) and diploma (mental health) and I think that they are accepted as part of the long term skills list - registered nurse comes under part A. As you have to be registered with ncnz I think that is taken as proof that you're qualifications are accurate and don't need further assessment.
As we had 155 points without adding our additional qualifications I decided not to claim them (thus avoiding the assessment fee and paperwork!).

However, I'm not entirely sure this is right - still waiting to hear from immigration about our EOI, so I could have completely cocked it up

I'll let you know when I hear anything...
Old May 5th 2008, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Hippywench is an unknown quantity at this point

I spoke to the immigration service at the recent Leeds Expo. They confirmed that registration with the NZNC was proof of qualifications and I would not need a separate assessment by NZQA.
However, I've made a start on our EOI and am as confused as you by the form!
Old May 5th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Does it mean that we do not get any points for our nursing qualifications unless it is a degree or diploma then? I know that on the SMC skill list that it is a skill level one and have put in all the other codes etc but when I put in that my qualification has been registered with ncnz I do not get any points in this section,only 5 for my experience. AAARRRGGGHHHH! :curse:Good news is that I have heard that my references all checked out so job offer should be with me as soon as the CN speaks to her boss. Will need to rely on the points for this if I get zip for my nursing quals.Which means a delay in submitting the EOI.

Thanks for listening to the rant and if you can help please be in touch.

Phyllis
Old May 5th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough

I know - I was a bit gutted that I couldn't claim it twice
And when it came to putting Bob's details in there was no way to claim points for his experience either which lowered our original points from the points indicator online. Still, we had enough points with our job offers so...

You could always put in your EOI once you have an email saying that you've been offered the job - so long as you have the relevant contact details it should be ok, rather than waiting for the actual letter (mind you - I did!) as in my understanding you only need the letter for the ITA.

Don't apologise for ranting - I'm currently in a depressed state waiting for contact following the EOI selection. Back to being unable to plan anything I just hate it when I have to wait
Old May 5th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cyffiwr
I know - I was a bit gutted that I couldn't claim it twice
And when it came to putting Bob's details in there was no way to claim points for his experience either which lowered our original points from the points indicator online. Still, we had enough points with our job offers so...

You could always put in your EOI once you have an email saying that you've been offered the job - so long as you have the relevant contact details it should be ok, rather than waiting for the actual letter (mind you - I did!) as in my understanding you only need the letter for the ITA.

Don't apologise for ranting - I'm currently in a depressed state waiting for contact following the EOI selection. Back to being unable to plan anything I just hate it when I have to wait
Thanks for this. Just feel that they are supposedly crying out for nurses,(apparently the fact that Otago DHB is employing 6 RMN's from the UK made it onto page 3 of their local paper) yet they don't seem to give points unless you have a degree or diploma. What about all the hands on experience which only comes from doing the job? I just want to get things sorted out. I am a bit like you,hate waiting once I've set my mind to do something. I hate having to rely on others to get their bit done as it's never fast enough for me. Suppose I had better learn to be more patient as far as dealings with NZIS are concerned

Phyllis
Old May 5th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

apparently the fact that Otago DHB is employing 6 RMN's from the UK made it onto page 3 of their local paper)

I'd love to read that article - anyone have it? Or a link to it?

Patience isn't my strong point - I'm actually going through the 'shall we just stay in the uk' phase again.
Mind you - good news - my practicing certificate is on the way (shan't mention the fact that Bob got his a week ago and our applications were in the same envelope )

I guess we just have to accept that we're not in control here, Phyllis...
Be brave!!...
Old May 5th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mind you - good news - my practicing certificate is on the way (shan't mention the fact that Bob got his a week ago and our applications were in the same envelope )

Is that the form they sent with your registration documents? I have been trying to find out if I have to fill this in before I go or once I get there,but have had no joy.

Phyllis
Old May 6th 2008, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, you will need it before you can start work - the prison service want a copy of it before I get there. I didn't send for mine before as it was from april 1st - 31st March, so I thought no point. The year runs according to when your birthday is! And it's cheaper than the NMC too

Feeling better today - hope you are too x
Old May 7th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cyffiwr
Yes, you will need it before you can start work - the prison service want a copy of it before I get there. I didn't send for mine before as it was from april 1st - 31st March, so I thought no point. The year runs according to when your birthday is! And it's cheaper than the NMC too

Feeling better today - hope you are too x
Thanks,the CN at ODHB told me the same,so it was posted off yesterday. She also said that as soon as her boss ok's it she will put a job offer in the post and email it to me asap seeing as I need the points from this to put in the EOI. Have also offered to put us up in a motel initially when we get there which is a bonus. I am feeling a bit better too,must be the nice weather