OMG!!!!!! ITA HERE!!

Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:46 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG!!!!!! ITA HERE!!

Thanks Alchris,

I felt so bad after I'd written it. I felt as if I'd implied that you shouldn't have got yours yet when I was still waiting and that is not how I meant it at all. It wasn't directed at you personally just at a system which I'm finding it increasingly difficult to comprehend!

Unfortunately at the moment I'm a seething mass of worry, stress, anger, frustration mixed with a portion of panic and terror that it won't come through on time. I am going abroad for a few months and need to get it all sent in by then. I thought I would have more than enough time but it's starting to get close now. Hence the stress!!

I think I've got everything done except for the medicals and hopefully that won't throw up any problems. So once/if it arrives then I should be able to get it in quickly enough

Thank you for your kind words and I sincerely wish you all the best.
Hey we'll both get there in the end

Sue
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:52 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Chris and Allan!

Congratulations on getting your ITA! It's given me hope!!! We got selected on 26th March, so hopefully we'll be as lucky as you and get ours next month. We also applied with no job offer, got 115 points.

Wondering whether we should start organising the medical certificate yet, I know it's a bit risky as they're only valid for 3 months, but they say it could take weeks to get an appointment.... have you contacted anybody on the list of approved doctors yet? It'd be good to have an idea of how long it might take as we might end up seeing the same doctor, we're in Swindon, so not far from you.

Sue, can't believe you haven't heard anything yet, that's terrible, 4.5 months, I do feel for you!!! Hope you get some good news real soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Maria
x
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Water Lily
Hello Chris and Allan!

Congratulations on getting your ITA! It's given me hope!!! We got selected on 26th March, so hopefully we'll be as lucky as you and get ours next month. We also applied with no job offer, got 115 points.

Wondering whether we should start organising the medical certificate yet, I know it's a bit risky as they're only valid for 3 months, but they say it could take weeks to get an appointment.... have you contacted anybody on the list of approved doctors yet? It'd be good to have an idea of how long it might take as we might end up seeing the same doctor, we're in Swindon, so not far from you.

Sue, can't believe you haven't heard anything yet, that's terrible, 4.5 months, I do feel for you!!! Hope you get some good news real soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Maria
x
Hi Maria, no we havent contacted anyone yet but will probably go to the Bridge Clinic, near Reading as this is the cheapest I have found £808 for 4 x medicals and 4 x X-rays. We did look at Bath Clinic but they do x-rays £95 each and you have to see another Dr in Bath for medicals £235 each. I would get your police check sorted as this takes 40 days. Good luck and hope you dont have a long wait for ITA.
Chris
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:56 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Maria

Yeah still waiting here in Croydon! Thanks for the good luck wishes

I decided not to do medicals until I get an ITA. I've already rung round this area to get an idea of costs and waiting lists and round here they say they can book me in within a week. Lucky I didn't get them done earlier given the circumstances! Everything else is sorted apart from this so hoping NZIS will get a move on and deal with my application.

I suppose the best thing is to do what I did, get an idea of the waiting lists and prices and decide then whether to get them done sooner or later.

I hope you're not waiting this long, I assumed I'd have plenty of time before I go abroad but I'm starting to get quite worried now as to how much longer I'll be waiting. I have a plan B should it not arrive on time and I cannot get it sent back within the 4 month timescale but I've started going down this path so would rather stick with it

Still waiting a reply from NZIS to the email I sent last week.
Chris, did they actually send you a reply or did they not bother and just send an ITA. I'm thinking of sending another email now it's been over a week since they received mine. I'm trying to tread the fine line between annoying and keeping up the pressure

Sue
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sue R
Hi Maria

I decided not to do medicals until I get an ITA. I've already rung round this area to get an idea of costs and waiting lists and round here they say they can book me in within a week. Lucky I didn't get them done earlier given the circumstances! Everything else is sorted apart from this so hoping NZIS will get a move on and deal with my application.

I suppose the best thing is to do what I did, get an idea of the waiting lists and prices and decide then whether to get them done sooner or later.

I hope you're not waiting this long, I assumed I'd have plenty of time before I go abroad but I'm starting to get quite worried now as to how much longer I'll be waiting. I have a plan B should it not arrive on time and I cannot get it sent back within the 4 month timescale but I've started going down this path so would rather stick with it

Chris, did they actually send you a reply or did they not bother and just send an ITA. I'm thinking of sending another email now it's been over a week since they received mine. I'm trying to tread the fine line between annoying and keeping up the pressure

Sue
Sue, well originally I'd e-mailed Wellington who passed this to London who said it was a 3 month wait! So was definately not expecting it. Had given up on keep looking on the immi website to see if our 'selected' may have changed to 'decision successful' I really dont know how come we got ours before you, I really am hoping yours will come very soon.
Best wishes
Chris
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:34 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Wondering whether we should start organising the medical certificate yet, I know it's a bit risky as they're only valid for 3 months, but they say it could take weeks to get an appointment....
Personally I would hold off as you have a few months to get your ITA paperwork, medicals, police certs etc., back to them.
Old May 1st 2008, 11:45 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alchris
Hi Maria, no we havent contacted anyone yet but will probably go to the Bridge Clinic, near Reading as this is the cheapest I have found £808 for 4 x medicals and 4 x X-rays. We did look at Bath Clinic but they do x-rays £95 each and you have to see another Dr in Bath for medicals £235 each. I would get your police check sorted as this takes 40 days. Good luck and hope you dont have a long wait for ITA.
Chris
Thanks for that Chris, we've already got the police certificates, all we need is the medical! I think we've got everything else sorted. £808 ouch! I guess that makes it £404 for us, did they say how long it could take to get an appointment? Good luck with yours, hope all goes well.

Originally Posted by Sue R

Hi Sue, well I guess you're still waiting... I can imagine the day you receive it you'll announce it with much fanfare so that we can all celebrate with you!

Croydon uh? I used to live in Beckenham, not far from you, shame I'm not there anymore, we could go for a drink and drown our sorrows, share hopes and plans, and dream of the day we both see our dreams become a reality.... (sigh)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get to hear from them very soon. If I was you I think I'd be bold by now as I would've pulled all my hair out

Good luck hun

Originally Posted by Maz
Personally I would hold off as you have a few months to get your ITA paperwork, medicals, police certs etc., back to them.
Thanks Maz, but the idea is to return the ITA as soon as possible after receiving it, preferably the next day as I'd prefer not to spend another winter here!

But considering how much the tests cost, unless I win the lottery I don't think it'd be wise risking them becoming too old if the ITA takes a while to arrive... (sigh).
Old May 1st 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that Chris, we've already got the police certificates, all we need is the medical! I think we've got everything else sorted. £808 ouch! I guess that makes it £404 for us, did they say how long it could take to get an appointment? Good luck with yours, hope all goes well.

Hi Sue, well I guess you're still waiting... I can imagine the day you receive it you'll announce it with much fanfare so that we can all celebrate with you!

Croydon uh? I used to live in Beckenham, not far from you, shame I'm not there anymore, we could go for a drink and drown our sorrows, share hopes and plans, and dream of the day we both see our dreams become a reality.... (sigh)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get to hear from them very soon. If I was you I think I'd be bold by now as I would've pulled all my hair out

Good luck hun

Thanks Maz, but the idea is to return the ITA as soon as possible after receiving it, preferably the next day as I'd prefer not to spend another winter here!

But considering how much the tests cost, unless I win the lottery I don't think it'd be wise risking them becoming too old if the ITA takes a while to arrive... (sigh).
were having meds done next Friday phoned for appoitment last Wednesday, so not toomuch of a wait.
Chris
Old May 1st 2008, 7:28 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Well of course I'm still waiting. I'm going for the record:curse:
Would have been cool to go out for a drink but Wiltshire is a little too far for a night out! I don't know Beckenham very well, I only ever drive through it to get to work. Where did you work and what do you do- I'm sure you've said but I've a brain like a sieve, am getting old

Mind I'm not great company at the moment, too much to worry about. How are you getting on with the gathering of documents? I think I've got everything but there's always going to be something I've overlooked.
My advice would be not to rush in and get medicals done. I had considered getting them done around 2m after selection so I'd be ready and waiting and lucky I hadn't as they would be out of date by now, more money wasted

I've decided not to do them until I receive an ITA even now. I could do them and be ready almost immediately but it's gone on so long now that I've become demoralised with the whole system and do not want to go through meds just in case it doesn't come soon. I've emailed London 3 times and Wellington once over the last 2-3weeks and so far no answer [though Welly say I'll hear within 3 days and it's only 2 so far!]. I refuse to use the exhorbitantly priced phone line so going into NZ House tomorrow to try and get some proper answers, a return train fare will be cheaper than phoning

Thing is I have had to make a decision on going abroad for 3-4m and chose June thinking that even if NZIS take as long as they say then I'll still have a good 3-4m to get my ITA sent in. So now getting worried that not only will I not be able to get it sent in before I leave, I also won't be able to get it sent back within the 4m so it'll all be a waste of money and time. I have a lot of questions!!!!
At least I still have other options

Chris , good luck with the medicals, I'm dreading having to do them, hate having anything "medical" done.

Sue
Old May 1st 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris , good luck with the medicals, I'm dreading having to do them, hate having anything "medical" done.

Sue [/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Sue, I really dont know why you have had to wait so long,has anyone else on here been waiting? Good luck with your visit to NZ house hope you get some answers. I have all fingers and toes crossed for you. I am visiting this site whenever I can now praying you have posted good news.
I'm must admit not looking forward to the meds just keep thinking what they might find! trying to remain calm otherwise the old BP will be up!
Sending my best wishes for a positive result for you.
Chris
Old May 1st 2008, 9:11 pm
Queen of the Underworld

I'm must admit not looking forward to the meds just keep thinking what they might find! trying to remain calm otherwise the old BP will be up!
Hi Chris
I know what you mean, however healthy I think I am I have this slight fear that something unexpected will show up! I'm sure it'll be fine for you

Thanks for the good luck message
When/if I ever hear from them, the first thing I'll do is put it on here in big capital letters for all to see. Well maybe have a drink and celebrate first, think I deserve some champagne after all this time

If I'd known how wildly inaccurate the NZIS timescales were then I wouldn't have decided on the trip abroad at this time!
Anyway hope I get some answers tomorrow, [I must learn to stop being so eternally optimisticit only leads to disappointment!]

All the best at the docs,
Sue