British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   OMG!!!!!! ITA HERE!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/omg-ita-here-529774/)

alchris Apr 16th 2008 3:05 pm

OMG!!!!!! ITA HERE!!

Came home from work today to find the 'half a tree' on my mat. I am sooooo.... excited, cant believe how quick- 2 months from eoi being selected, no job offer. also feel a bit sick, is this normal? Have had a quick read through in between phoning close friends and mum! Looks like as we have no job offer in order to get provisional licence that we will probably only get a work visa. I will have to read it again when I have calmed down a bit.
A BIG thanks to all you lovely people on here that gave me the confidence to 'go it alone'without a agent. I will probably have more questions now though!.... Anyone know of somebody that wants an electrician around Bay of Plenty?' worth a try!!!
Thanks and good luck to all of those that are still waiting
Chris and Allan:thumbsup:

weejie Apr 16th 2008 3:09 pm

Re: OMG!!!!!! ITA HERE!!

Congrats on the half a tree. Only at putting EOI soon stage but have 99% been offered a job pending references and have the same sick/excited feeling so gawd only knows how I will feel when I am in your situation:eek:

Phyllis

Marjol Apr 16th 2008 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by alchris (Post 6218216)
Came home from work today to find the 'half a tree' on my mat. I am sooooo.... excited, cant believe how quick- 2 months from eoi being selected, no job offer. also feel a bit sick, is this normal? Have had a quick read through in between phoning close friends and mum! Looks like as we have no job offer in order to get provisional licence that we will probably only get a work visa. I will have to read it again when I have calmed down a bit.
A BIG thanks to all you lovely people on here that gave me the confidence to 'go it alone'without a agent. I will probably have more questions now though!.... Anyone know of somebody that wants an electrician around Bay of Plenty?' worth a try!!!
Thanks and good luck to all of those that are still waiting
Chris and Allan:thumbsup:

Congratulations:thumbsup:
That gives me a bit of hope. EOI selected 1 month ago, no job offer:( but we have put the house up for sale. Have read to many posts with people ready to go but not sold house. Most of the other paperwork done just waiting for ITA to book meds. Hoping to be there September - November.
Where is your small village in Wiltshire, we are just outside of Salisbury. Hoping to land in BOP or Hamilton area.
Good luck with the ITA:thumbup:

Martin and Jo

alchris Apr 16th 2008 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Marjol (Post 6219149)
Congratulations:thumbsup:
That gives me a bit of hope. EOI selected 1 month ago, no job offer:( but we have put the house up for sale. Have read to many posts with people ready to go but not sold house. Most of the other paperwork done just waiting for ITA to book meds. Hoping to be there September - November.
Where is your small village in Wiltshire, we are just outside of Salisbury. Hoping to land in BOP or Hamilton area.
Good luck with the ITA:thumbup:

Martin and Jo

Phillys- Thanks you should have no worries with a job offer, good luck.

Martin & Jo I did e-mail London a few weeks ago to find out how long the wait was, dont know if this made any difference but maybe worth a try if your waiting goes on for too long. We live in Sherston which is in between Bristol and Swindon. We too will now put house on the market did'nt want to until we had ITA in our hands. Have done abit towards it but need to gets meds and police checks sorted. Good luck hope your wait and house sale happens soon.
Chris

Stef_Paul Apr 16th 2008 7:08 pm

Yay for you :thumbsup:

Just wait until you get the actual visas in your hands....now that feeling is out of this world...scary and amazing all at the same time!

Good luck with it!

Stef :)

Marjol Apr 16th 2008 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by alchris (Post 6219236)
Phillys- Thanks you should have no worries with a job offer, good luck.

Martin & Jo I did e-mail London a few weeks ago to find out how long the wait was, dont know if this made any difference but maybe worth a try if your waiting goes on for too long. We live in Sherston which is in between Bristol and Swindon. We too will now put house on the market did'nt want to until we had ITA in our hands. Have done abit towards it but need to gets meds and police checks sorted. Good luck hope your wait and house sale happens soon.
Chris

Good luck with the house sale, like emigrating, it all costs money upfront. Damn HIPS!!!
Do you have the London email address to hand? Might need it if we get impatient, like you said might be worth a try.

Martin

alchris Apr 16th 2008 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Marjol (Post 6219304)
Good luck with the house sale, like emigrating, it all costs money upfront. Damn HIPS!!!
Do you have the London email address to hand? Might need it if we get impatient, like you said might be worth a try.

Martin

[email protected]
Sorry Martin am not that clever with computers so have just copied and pasted it from my e-mail. Obviously we were applying under this category. I thinl origionally I went onto the Wellington site which I found searching on the nz immigration site, and asked them 'how long?' and they sent it to London who contacted me- all I may add the next day!!!
Chris

alchris Apr 16th 2008 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by alchris (Post 6219362)
[email protected]
Sorry Martin am not that clever with computers so have just copied and pasted it from my e-mail. Obviously we were applying under this category. I thinl origionally I went onto the Wellington site which I found searching on the nz immigration site, and asked them 'how long?' and they sent it to London who contacted me- all I may add the next day!!!
Chris

wow didn't expect it to come up ready to go- duhhhh
Spelling is bad should say ''I think originally''
Sorry

alchris Apr 16th 2008 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Stef_Paul (Post 6219297)
Yay for you :thumbsup:

Just wait until you get the actual visas in your hands....now that feeling is out of this world...scary and amazing all at the same time!

Good luck with it!

Stef :)

Thanks.
How are things with you? Is is all you thought it would be? any regrets? How long have you been in nz? I am really into reading everyones experiences so we go without to many expectations.
Cheers Chris

over50 Apr 16th 2008 8:55 pm

Congrats Alchris, we got ours last weekend and just getting last bits and pieces together before having medicals. Exciting and scarey all at once eh... Hope you have luck with your house sale.
Steve and Dee.

Stef_Paul Apr 17th 2008 8:34 am

Originally Posted by alchris (Post 6219389)
Thanks.
How are things with you? Is is all you thought it would be? any regrets? How long have you been in nz? I am really into reading everyones experiences so we go without to many expectations.
Cheers Chris

Hello :D

We are happy to share our experiences, we know how valuable it was to us when we were looking to come here. We have been here 4 months now and we love it. Don't get me wrong there are hard times (bouts of homesickness etc) but it has brought us everything that we wanted. I would seriously recommend alot of research before coming here, nothing really suprised us as we looked into pretty much everything.

We have NO regrets at all, we are keen to buy a house now and settle down properly. This is what we wanted and what we expected from NZ. :D

I am happy to answer any questions if you want advice etc, just PM me, if you want a mans point of view my husband can reply. I talk too much thats my problem :p

I hope everything goes well for you, we had an easy ride with immigration I hope you do to :thumbsup:

alchris Apr 17th 2008 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Stef_Paul (Post 6221623)
Hello :D

We are happy to share our experiences, we know how valuable it was to us when we were looking to come here. We have been here 4 months now and we love it. Don't get me wrong there are hard times (bouts of homesickness etc) but it has brought us everything that we wanted. I would seriously recommend alot of research before coming here, nothing really suprised us as we looked into pretty much everything.

We have NO regrets at all, we are keen to buy a house now and settle down properly. This is what we wanted and what we expected from NZ. :D

I am happy to answer any questions if you want advice etc, just PM me, if you want a mans point of view my husband can reply. I talk too much thats my problem :p

I hope everything goes well for you, we had an easy ride with immigration I hope you do to :thumbsup:

thanks. I will pm you when i think of something.
chris

Persephone Apr 17th 2008 7:18 pm

Hi Alchris,

Congratulations on receiving your ITA, that was quick! :thumbsup:

I was selected 5th Dec and still waiting, have been into NZ House twice, spoken to someone at ExpoNZ and emailed them 3 days ago to find out what's happening, I used the address you posted above. I am pleased for you but now sooo angry as to why I haven't heard anything at all. Was there anything about your application that meant they dealt with it quickly or am I just unlucky :mad: It's 4.5 months now :frown:
There shouldn't be anything "difficult" about my EOI to sort through.

I suspect I'll get the usual response which is that there is a backlog at the moment which doesn't explain how you've received yours.

Sorry to sound bitter and twisted and since we're all in the same boat I do genuinely feel glad that people are getting their ITAs :o

Good luck and all the best!

Sue :)

Persephone Apr 17th 2008 8:11 pm

Sorry for the rant :o Think I needed to let off some steam.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

alchris Apr 18th 2008 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 6224766)
Sorry for the rant :o Think I needed to let off some steam.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hi Sue, dont be sorry I know I would feel the same too!! I did think of you when it arrived hoping that you too would post saying yours had arrived! Dont think ours was any different SMC hubby electrician, no job offer, I certainly wasnt expecting it to arrive so soon (not that that's any consolation to you. I really do hope it comes soon, and I know how you must feel its like someone has pushed into a queue and got the last piece of chocolate cake you wanted.
All the best
Chris