Older partner?

Old Aug 2nd 2018, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

jim79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Older partner?

Hi there,

a little backstory... I travelled to NZ years ago and loves it. Fast forward to now, I'm working as a welder. The question is, I'm 39 and my wife is 59. Would that cause a problem with immigration?
Thanks,

jim
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Older partner?

Nope.
I assume you will be the one looking for an NZ job offer which will allow you to apply via a temporary work visa OR Resident Visa via SMC route ?
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Arthur Dent 666 is an unknown quantity at this point

You should be OK, Jim - I'm over the dreaded 56th birthday myself, but the missus and I are happily progressing down the Temp Work Visa > SMC Visa > Residency route at the moment. We just need to get that sorted before she hits 56, which we're on track to do, currently. Good luck!
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 4:31 am
Just Joined

jim79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help guys, an agency was going to charge £40 for the privilege