Ok, which removal company do I use?

Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all
Cool Ok, which removal company do I use?

Which one? There's loads.... who can I trust?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ok, which removal company do I use?

We have had John Mason, Robinsons, Allied Pickfords and Crown to give us on site quotes. Crown was £975 more than the other 3 who all came in within £25 of each other. HTH
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

We only got a quote from PSS, but having met them face to face twice in the past (at emigration expos) and discussed matters with them in a great deal of detail before allowing them in to my house to quote, I'm more than comfortable with choosing them and don't feel the need to look elsewhere.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:27 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

we got quotes from Crown, Pickfords and someone else I cant remember as it was so long ago! Crown impressed us the most when they came to the house so we went with them. We couldn't fault them on both sides, no problems, no hassles and really great guys did the packing and unpacking. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I wouldn't use PSS again. The UK side was fine but NZ Van Lines were dreadful. The guys just threw our stuff around, didn't want to unpack, lots of stuff damaged & trying to get compensation was difficult. Their guy at head office in Akl never answered his phone or returned calls. They had got our dosh & didn't want to know. We eventually got it sorted out but it was such a hassle. You don't need added stress with immigrating.
So I'd give them the
Old Jul 15th 2009, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

We used Allied Movers (got a discount through Mov****.com) and they were great, they couldn't fit anymore in the container if they tried, they said 6 weeks from door to door and they were spot on, our furniture was waiting for us when we arrived. Very good, i would recommend them.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

We have decided to go with Crown as we have had great service from them so far. We asked to be able to pack the container ourselves as everything bar the big stuff is already in shipping boxes, sealed and containing inventory list.

Crown were the only ones that would entertain us packing the container ourselves - the others were 'difficult'. We've moved abroad twice now so packing has become second nature, and as long as we pack on a grid system and the old 'Base -Box - Bits' we should be able to get everything into a 20ft container (not taking sofa's or bed bases to save space). Debbie of Crown's in Welly has been great and now we wait for a visit from them this end about access for and to the container.

LiffyB
Old Jul 15th 2009, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Personally, I wouldn't use PSS again. The UK side was fine but NZ Van Lines were dreadful. The guys just threw our stuff around, didn't want to unpack, lots of stuff damaged & trying to get compensation was difficult. Their guy at head office in Akl never answered his phone or returned calls. They had got our dosh & didn't want to know. We eventually got it sorted out but it was such a hassle. You don't need added stress with immigrating.
So I'd give them the

Couldnt agree more. We used them and thought the UK guys were good the NZ crew were crap.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
Couldnt agree more. We used them and thought the UK guys were good the NZ crew were crap.
Hi to you,

Anyone got any ideas of what company we can use that will allow us to fill container ourselves...basically we just want to find the right size container fill it ourselves then get it collected and reverse the process the other end...all help appreciated thanks in advance....

xxElainexx
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Ok, which removal company do I use?

Thanks so much for all your replies. I'm going to get some different quotes, but will certainly take on board what you have all said!

Thanks again. Helen.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xxElainexx
Hi to you,

Anyone got any ideas of what company we can use that will allow us to fill container ourselves...basically we just want to find the right size container fill it ourselves then get it collected and reverse the process the other end...all help appreciated thanks in advance....

xxElainexx
Crown were the only ones that would entertain us packing the container ourselves - the others were 'difficult'. We've moved abroad twice now so packing has become second nature, and as long as we pack on a grid system and the old 'Base -Box - Bits' we should be able to get everything into a 20ft container (not taking sofa's or bed bases to save space). Debbie of Crown's in Welly has been great and now we wait for a visit from them this end about access for and to the container.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
I wish to disagree as I had an excellent experience with PSS both in the UK (Essex) and in NZ (Wellington). As has been pointed out several times in shipping threads on this forum, a company is only as good as the team/crew that is packing and unpacking.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I wish to disagree as I had an excellent experience with PSS both in the UK (Essex) and in NZ (Wellington). As has been pointed out several times in shipping threads on this forum, a company is only as good as the team/crew that is packing and unpacking.

For us it wasnt the Packing crew or the unpacking crew, both were excellent, it was the office staff this end that made us pays fees up front, then held our container to ransom if we didnt pay the fees, if this wasnt bad enough they admitted they had overcharged us and had to pay us back at the end.

Now if this had all been done nicely and politely it wouldnt have been so bad but the person in the office dealing with us was rude and aggresive. Just my personal opinion but no way would i use them again, it is stressfull enough emigrating without having to deal with rude and aggressive movers when you get here. To top it off when we rang the office staff in the UK to tell them of our predicament they were not interested, obviously because by then they had our money.

Crown seem to be very good and if what we have been told is true, you dont pay them until they have completely provided the service. Also they seem to have the least amount of compaints on this forum. Good Luck with whoever you choose to use, there is good and bad to be said for all of them and we all have different experiences.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, has anyone got things to say about Pickfords or Whites and Co? Think I've gone off PSS now Bevissa
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Hi, has anyone got things to say about Pickfords or Whites and Co? Think I've gone off PSS now Bevissa
I'm still going to be using PSS regardless... with the best will in the world, for any company whatsoever there's always going to be customer service failings (perceived or otherwise) at some point. They *key* is for these cases to be the exception rather than the norm.

My experience of them (PSS) so far is nothing short of excellent. If we have a bad experience in the long-run, so be it, we'll deal with it, learn from it and move on.

I wonder though... what protection does paying shipping/removal fees etc by Credit Card afford you. E.g. if you pay for an an item or a service by CCard and that item/service doesn't materialise, you can go through a charge-back procedure against the retailer.

If you pay for a shipping/removal service that goes pear shaped, would you have similar rights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.