OK bear with me its a bit complicated

Old Nov 16th 2011, 12:42 am
Just Joined

john.williams43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OK bear with me its a bit complicated

Hello all,

I will be applying for a partnership visa as my girlfriend of 3 years wants to go home. We have been living together for 2 years so there shouldn't be any major problems.

BUT

I am in Canada at the moment and will be for the next 3 months. We only wanted to go back to the UK for a couple of months max. So how long does a partner visa take normally? Obviously I have heard all the talk of 6 months but then I would have to wait 3 months before getting back to the UK before applying.

So any recommendations? Do I:
Apply in Canada
Wait until I arrive back in the UK before applying
Or could I apply in the UK now and tell them I will not be in the UK until 3 months time?

Hope that makes sense

Thanks everyone!!
Old Nov 18th 2011, 12:09 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK bear with me its a bit complicated

I am confused, do you want to go to the UK or NZ? And you are going to stay for 2 months?

In either case you should be entitled to a three month visa on arrival.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 1:24 am
Just Joined

john.williams43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry *shuffles feet sheepishly* looking at my email i realise that I didn't explain myself very well at all. It might have helped that my girlfriend is kiwi and I will be applying for a partnership visa for NZ. Hence the forum...
Old Nov 19th 2011, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice

I guess it should be possible to get your partnership visa in 2or 3 months in the UK, IF everything goes smoothly with your medical and you have the police certificates from all the appropriate countries and the UK office isn't too busy. However I wouldn't rely on things happening that quickly as there are a number of variables.
Try asking NZ Immigration what their recommendation is, I found their email help line useful when I was starting out with my application. I also recall that on the immigration website or one of the application forms there was a table of where to apply depending on your nationality and/or country of residence.
John