Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Oh - quick medical question about pregnancy

Oh - quick medical question about pregnancy

Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of
Default Oh - quick medical question about pregnancy

Hi all

Just a quick post. I'm about to submit EOI but I've also just found out i'm pregnant (shhhh, early days still) but I just wondered how this would affect the application.

Obviously we can't put our new childs name on the application because he/she is not born yet - can we add them at a later date.

Also, how will this affect the medicals - clearly my BMI and waste measurements will be warped plus I always get high blood pressure in pregnancy and can't have x-rays - will they wait until baby is born before doing my medicals?? Or will they give me a milder version of the medicals taking into account my current condition??

Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oh - quick medical question about pregnancy

Congratulations! We found out we were expecting our second the day after we booked our recce flights - timing was never a strong point!

We're not going over until after the baby is born and are just about to submit our EOI (I'm due in 4 weeks). I have been told by NZIS to write a covering note on the EOI to state that I am pregnant and inform them of full details following the birth. Pretty sure they said you can do this at the ITA stage too

I was very confused by medical issue so we slowed things down and will do ours once the baby is here. I figured that if we couldn't guarantee getting our residency before the end of pregnancy then we may as well take it easy. I was also worried that we would submit a basic medical without the x-ray and then have to go back and have an x-ray plus the medical for the baby once I'd given birth which seemed like a load of faff to me! They might not make you do this but can't see why they wouldn't given how much importance they place on medicals.

Anyway, hope I've helped a bit - good luck! If you get cracking you'll have a baby Kiwi!!!