Oh nooo... Referred to Medical Assessor!

Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:57 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh nooo... Referred to Medical Assessor!

Hi all

I am after a little bit of advice (and hopefully reassurance!)...

We submitted our ITA in June, had to send a little bit more paperwork and then C/O asked for some repeat blood tests for my hubby. He had slightly elevated ALT levels from the liver function test.

Repeat test done - levels still slightly high (had even gone up a bit from the 1st results) - so GP sent him for an ultrasound scan of the liver.

Scan came back all normal so we sent both sets of results off to our C/O. Had an email yest saying she has referred to the Medical Assessor

We don't think its anything serious, Hep C test clear etc and research on the net seems it could be attributed to vigourous exercise (he goes the gym quite a bit) - or some people just have fluctuating levels?

Does anyone have any experience of this? Any idea how long the MA will take or what they may ask for?

We have applied for perm res under the SMC but dont have job offers so are thinking if we dont get perm res we will hopefully at least get work to res

Oh its sooo stressful! House sold, life in boxes - oh and in the hands of someone in London who can make or break us!!!

Last edited by Flower Pot; Oct 24th 2009 at 6:04 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh nooo... Referred to Medical Assessor!

Hi there,we had ours referred as well. It took 4 weeks but I know some times vary depending on CO/MA etc. Hang in there. If need be send your CO an email asking for a rough estimate of how long they expect it to take. And don't worry.This is probably routine because of the extra tests asked for. If they are all ok then should not be a problem. it all goes well.

Phyl x

and welcome to BE
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:32 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
Hi all

I am after a little bit of advice (and hopefully reassurance!)...

We submitted our ITA in June, had to send a little bit more paperwork and then C/O asked for some repeat blood tests for my hubby. He had slightly elevated ALT levels from the liver function test.

Repeat test done - levels still slightly high (had even gone up a bit from the 1st results) - so GP sent him for an ultrasound scan of the liver.

Scan came back all normal so we sent both sets of results off to our C/O. Had an email yest saying she has referred to the Medical Assessor

We don't think its anything serious, Hep C test clear etc and research on the net seems it could be attributed to vigourous exercise (he goes the gym quite a bit) - or some people just have fluctuating levels?

Does anyone have any experience of this? Any idea how long the MA will take or what they may ask for?

We have applied for perm res under the SMC but dont have job offers so are thinking if we dont get perm res we will hopefully at least get work to res

Oh its sooo stressful! House sold, life in boxes - oh and in the hands of someone in London who can make or break us!!!
hi there Flower Pot & welcome!!

It sounds as though you are well down the application road sorry it seems to be becoming a bit bumpy for you at the moment.....but just hang on in there & keep your chin up!!
good luck with your plans!! hope you can move on soon.
B x
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:45 pm

Thanks for the welcome and nice comments its good to know you aren't the only ones going through this life changing process!

Also been informed by our C/O that she is leaving INZ on Friday and we will have a new replacement she has been great at replying to emails straight away so I hope the new person is too... another added worry we could have done without.

We just want to know where we stand before xmas! I just hope it all turns out OK

Would appreciate feedback also from anyone who had the same kind of referral? His BMI is about 28 so he is OK on that score... just these darn ALT results

Thanx again
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:55 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the welcome and nice comments its good to know you aren't the only ones going through this life changing process!

Also been informed by our C/O that she is leaving INZ on Friday and we will have a new replacement she has been great at replying to emails straight away so I hope the new person is too... another added worry we could have done without.

We just want to know where we stand before xmas! I just hope it all turns out OK

Would appreciate feedback also from anyone who had the same kind of referral? His BMI is about 28 so he is OK on that score... just these darn ALT results

Thanx again
Hi flower pot,

welcome to be, fab site really good help and info on here. we were referred to the ma, son only took 1 week, however, hubby's and mine took almost 6 weeks. So it really does vary. Whenever I would e-mail our c/o to ask if there is either a deadline that they have to reply or could she get in touch with him/her we would get the answer of no and no, lol, and that she will be in touch when she hears something

really hope you hear soon as we really know how stressfull this time is, we have to re-submitt my bmi on the 5th nov, however, c/o away until the 10th so ours wont even go off till middle of nov!!! We hope to hear by end of nov as long as I have got my bmi down to under 35

All the best, ask anything

Tina. x
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:07 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

hi again...have you tried doing a search on here?? I know there have been others who have gone through similar experiences ..... hopefully one or two will come along soon....there you go Tina has posted while I've been typing this!!
Well done Tina still for you hun!!

I was lucky not to have any 'complications' with my visa application but I found this friendly forum supportive and informative (also very addictive...beware!!) .... and like you say it is good to know you are not the only one going through this huge life changing event!!
B x
Old Oct 25th 2009, 7:16 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to you flowerpot, welcome to the site

Dont panic about the referral, many have been referred and jumped all the hoops to make it over to NZ!

Good luck with all your plans sounds like you are well on your way.

Dewb
Old Oct 25th 2009, 8:30 pm

Thanks again folks for your reassuring words

Tina - well done you on bringing your BMI down my med passed OK but since then (was done in July) I reckon I've put at least a stone on with comfort eating so I am deffo on the diet as of tomorrow... my waist measurement was just under the limit and it will be over now so best to be on the safe side and trim a few inches!

MnB - yes I have had a little search and altho there are posts on MA referrals I cant see any for the same type of referral - liver function tests... hopefully someone will pop along who has some experience

Thanks for the welcome Dewb - I agree we have jumped many hoops! Final leg of the journey now tho so hopefully it will all be worth it!

Where are you all planning to move to and when by the way?
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:06 pm
MnB

Tina - well done you on bringing your BMI down my med passed OK but since then (was done in July) I reckon I've put at least a stone on with comfort eating so I am deffo on the diet as of tomorrow... my waist measurement was just under the limit and it will be over now so best to be on the safe side and trim a few inches!

MnB - yes I have had a little search and altho there are posts on MA referrals I cant see any for the same type of referral - liver function tests... hopefully someone will pop along who has some experience

Thanks for the welcome Dewb - I agree we have jumped many hoops! Final leg of the journey now tho so hopefully it will all be worth it!

Hi....We fly out on 30th Jan, arrive Wellington 1st Feb will spend a week or so in lovely Wellington then off to travel around South Is, before heading back up North Is to who knows where!!!...probably Bay of Plenty area, or maybe Northland ??!!But then again may fall in love with south Is too!!

Good luck with BMI & waist ....porridge & fresh fruit for lunch worked for me!!
B x
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:54 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to go to Tauranga or Papamoa in BOP area ideally as have my heart set on this area. Ultimately it will be where OH gets work that will decide. His family are in Nelson but there is very little chance of getting work there for him.

Hope to be over in the new year sometime, but small matter of selling house first, and not at bargain basement price either

Dewb

Where are you all planning to move to and when by the way? [/QUOTE]
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi flower pot welcome to the site -- we are in the same boat although we are still waiting to see if OH is referred to the MA and most likely he will be referred because his GTT is twice the normal and this has remained the same since April despite changing his diet and no alcohol!!. His liver scan was normal. Hoping to hear something from the C/O today as she has been on leave. Just playing the waiting game.....
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:00 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ragdolls2
Hi flower pot welcome to the site -- we are in the same boat although we are still waiting to see if OH is referred to the MA and most likely he will be referred because his GTT is twice the normal and this has remained the same since April despite changing his diet and no alcohol!!. His liver scan was normal. Hoping to hear something from the C/O today as she has been on leave. Just playing the waiting game.....
we are going to tauranga in Jan. I have a start date of 1st feb (ish) as know thats a bank holiday. Well as long as we get our visa's that is

Tina. x
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Would love to go to Tauranga or Papamoa in BOP area ideally as have my heart set on this area. Ultimately it will be where OH gets work that will decide. His family are in Nelson but there is very little chance of getting work there for him.

Hope to be over in the new year sometime, but small matter of selling house first, and not at bargain basement price either

Dewb

[/QUOTE]
Well everywhere you have all said sounds great!

We have visited north island twice and my parents emigrated to Orewa just outside Auckland 3 yrs ago so we want to settle around that area.

We fell in love with Gulf Harbour and Army Bay end, really beautiful... lots of beaches and golf for the hubby! Plus can get the ferry to Auckland from Gulf Harbour which will save a car commute as I am hoping to find work with one fo the large pharma companies in the city.

Fingers crossed for us all! x

This is Gulf Harbour

Old Oct 28th 2009, 7:39 am
appreciate life

Well everywhere you have all said sounds great!

We have visited north island twice and my parents emigrated to Orewa just outside Auckland 3 yrs ago so we want to settle around that area.

We fell in love with Gulf Harbour and Army Bay end, really beautiful... lots of beaches and golf for the hubby! Plus can get the ferry to Auckland from Gulf Harbour which will save a car commute as I am hoping to find work with one fo the large pharma companies in the city.

Fingers crossed for us all! x

This is Gulf Harbour

sounds beautiful

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 29th 2009 at 5:45 am. Reason: just to see the pic
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:46 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

you all pass the medicals with flying colours and get to New Zealand very soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.