officer assigned to my application

Old May 16th 2013, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

tennis16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default officer assigned to my application

Hello,

I have just been assigned with an officer to manage my application, what's next ?

Am i nearing to good news?
Old May 16th 2013, 5:32 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: officer assigned to my application

You are applying under the SMC, correct?
They will assess your ITA and check all the documents are present and correct. If they are satisfied they contact you to say that your application is approved and you can then arrange to pay the migrant levy and send in your passport [if they don't already have it] for the visas to be stuck in.

Assuming you're applying to London and have no job offer in place:
Your immigration officer will be in touch within five working days from the date of allocation and will generally take between one and three months to make a final decision on your application. While we cannot guarantee the processing time of your application we aim to process it as quickly as possible. The processing time will largely depend on whether you have supplied your immigration officer with everything they have requested in your Invitation to Apply, or if there are any other issues (such as medical conditions) that we need to follow up on, or if we need to conduct verification checks.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ssingtimes.htm
Old May 16th 2013, 8:41 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

as Persephone says all the checking of boxes starts now. CO will go through your application with a fine tooth comb, have certain boxes to tick to see if you then qualify to get a visa. Ours took just over 3mths, (London Office 2011) with a delay of 2 weeks for medical referrals, husbands job offer being rewritten 3 times to satisfy the CO requirements but all in all straight forward. Once the CO thinks that you can be approved the application is sent off to another person to be checked to make sure the CO has got it right.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

ofarooq is an unknown quantity at this point

can you please post your timeline when did you submit your ITA and after how many months CO was allocated ? thanks

Originally Posted by tennis16
Hello,

I have just been assigned with an officer to manage my application, what's next ?

Am i nearing to good news?
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:55 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ofarooq
can you please post your timeline when did you submit your ITA and after how many months CO was allocated ? thanks
Not really sure how that will help you. Do you feel your application is taking longer than expected? If so then asking more specific questions is a better option.
Every case is different and also each branch will have different processing times. You can look on the NZIS website for approximate times.
Knowing the time it took the OP actually tells you very little on its own.
I'm not meaning to sound awkward but the NZIS website is probably a better source of info
P
Old Jun 13th 2013, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

ofarooq is an unknown quantity at this point

may be you are right lodged my ITA on May 20th, 2013 in London Branch, received a letter that CO will be assigned within 4 months was just curious that how much time they are taking nowadays for ITAs with no job offer ...

Originally Posted by Persephone
Not really sure how that will help you. Do you feel your application is taking longer than expected? If so then asking more specific questions is a better option.
Every case is different and also each branch will have different processing times. You can look on the NZIS website for approximate times.
Knowing the time it took the OP actually tells you very little on its own.
I'm not meaning to sound awkward but the NZIS website is probably a better source of info
P
Old Jun 13th 2013, 5:30 pm
Queen of the Underworld

You may have a few months wait, you may not. When I applied people were getting ITAs who were selected well after me [I had no job offer and neither did they]. No reason for it, mine was a very easy case to determine. It is what it is, nothing you can do until things go well past the times suggested by NZIS [I know from bitter experience]

After you submit your application to the London branch your application will be allocated to an immigration officer. The allocation time for an SMC application submitted without a job offer varies depending on workflows. Your application will be placed in a managed queue and allocated to an immigration officer within four to six months.
Your immigration officer will be in touch within five working days from the date of allocation and will generally take between one and three months to make a final decision on your application. While we cannot guarantee the processing time of your application we aim to process it as quickly as possible.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ssingtimes.htm
Old Aug 11th 2013, 7:30 am
Just Joined

wendyhinde is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgot to say we are being sponsored by daughter and her KIWI hubby. We do not have jobs. My hubby is an engineer with tonnes of experience, so we think he will get a job. I work in Education (LSA) We want to work we will buy a house and help our daughter with her 3 young children. We do not want anything for nothing, never have. We have both worked never been without a job. Hubby at his place of work for 30 years. We are just so excited about joining our girl and grandchildren

Last edited by wendyhinde; Aug 11th 2013 at 7:37 am. Reason: Sorry I am repeating myself. There is nothing on web-site about parent category and how long this takes :(