Occupation advice please.

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

cerberus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Occupation advice please.

Hi all first post we have been set on Australia to emigrate to but have recently started to look at New Zealand however....................my wifes occupation as a Mental Health Nurse was recently taken off the skills shortage list.

The question is, is that it doors are shut no chance of living in New Zealand? Or do we have any others options.
that people know about..........thanks to anyone that takes the time to reply.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all
Default Re: Occupation advice please.

It is my understanding, although someone may know the process a lot better then me that although mental health nursing is taken off the LTSSL, your wife can still apply for jobs and on confirming a job offer the employer must show that no one in NZ can do the job. The doors are not shut.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
Hi all first post we have been set on Australia to emigrate to but have recently started to look at New Zealand however....................my wifes occupation as a Mental Health Nurse was recently taken off the skills shortage list.

The question is, is that it doors are shut no chance of living in New Zealand? Or do we have any others options.
that people know about..........thanks to anyone that takes the time to reply.
If you decide NZ is what you want, let me know & I will give you a contact in the Wellington region for MH nursing.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

cerberus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both for your replies.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:53 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If your plan is to move over permanently then start by assessing your points total under the Skilled Migrant Category. SMC
Having a job on the LTSSL means you gain bonus points and hence a higher chance of selection; you can still apply if you have a skilled occupation and enough points, the door is still open. However you may need a job offer in order to get your total up to a level where you are likely to be selected.

Another route to residency is the Work to Residence Visa, you need a job offer to apply for this visa. You are issued a work visa and once you have worked for two years then you can convert this to residency. Some people get a WTR or work visa in order to start work sooner than it takes a SMC application to come through.
So start with the points indicator and assess your total first, then look at job hunting if you decide to move to NZ.