British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA report query (IPENZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-report-query-ipenz-817361/)

harry79 Dec 10th 2013 4:40 am

NZQA report query (IPENZ)

I have received my IQA report yesterday. According to report:

My Bachelor of Engineering has been compared to a Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree Level 7 (360 credits). This is specified outcome. This means NZQA recognizes your qualifications as substantially similar is learning outcomes, focus, content and intent to the New Zealand qualifications listed in the assessment outcomes.

They also mention that Your Bachelor of Engineering is not comparable to a New Zealand Bachelor of Engineering degree. New Zealand Bachelor of Engineering degrees, generally, require more advances studies in engineering design, engineering communications and professional studies are evident in your degree. Additionally, New Zealand Bachelor of Engineering degrees involve substantial industrial experience and project requirements.

Registration Information:
"Anyone intending to apply for bonus point under the LTSSL will need to contact IPENZ to enquire about them issuing a letter that certifies that the qualification held, and any further learning completed, meet the academic requirements for registration as a 'Chartered Professional engineer' in New Zealand".

Anyone wishing to become registered as a CPEng need to contact IPENZ?

According to report:

Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics)

Comparative Assessment Outcome: A bachelor of Engineering Technology degree at Level 7 (360 credits)

Comments:
The Bachelor of Engineering Technology in the comparative assessment outcome above specializes in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Technology.

Registration as a Charted Professional Engineer (CPEng), Engineering Technology Practitioner (ETPRact) etc. is determined by the appropriate occupational registration body.

I am planning to work as a Database Administrator not as an Engineer? So should I still need to contact IPENZ? Can I claim the bonus point for Qualification as well as Work experience?

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Persephone Dec 10th 2013 10:00 pm

Re: NZQA report query (IPENZ)

It sounds like you'd have to contact IPENZ if you want the bonus points for a qualification on the LTSSL.
As for work experience, if you qualify under the LTSSL and worked as an engineer then I would say yes, you can claim bonus points. You'd have to check the requirements on the list first.
Do you need the bonus points? Have you got a job offer or job?

harry79 Dec 11th 2013 4:12 am

Re: NZQA report query (IPENZ)

Thanks Persephone
Just got the confirmation from my evaulator that as i have a specified outcome that is listed on the LTSSL, i would be eligible for bonus points without contacting IPENZ beforehand