British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA Related Question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-related-question-534181/)

Want2Move May 4th 2008 4:38 am

NZQA Related Question

I was told by BEVS Here that I may have to go through NZQA for my degrees from the US to be recognized.

This is what I found in NZIS website:
The qualifications in this list do not require assessment by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).

I went to this web site, clicked USA and found out that the universities I received my degrees from are listed under these two:
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools The Higher Learning Commission
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities

My wife's Bachelor's degree in accounting is from Thailand and her university is also listed there when I click Thailand from the same link above.

Does that mean we DO NOT have to go through NZQA? If that is true, then that would make me a very happy man.

BEVS May 4th 2008 11:54 am

Re: NZQA Related Question

I also stated this

Originally Posted by BEVS
Next, you should look to see whether your qualification/degree is recognised by NZIS. The list can be found under Recognised Qualifications at the bottom of the ToolBox.

If you have checked & found your uni degree is recognised then you can pass go and collect $200. You should not need an NZQA assessment unless NZIS request one.

I must say , you do seem to get around the BE boards. Have you settled on a country at all yet?

Want2Move May 4th 2008 3:41 pm

Re: NZQA Related Question

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 6305486)
I also stated this

If you have checked & found your uni degree is recognised then you can pass go and collect $200. You should not need an NZQA assessment unless NZIS request one.

I must say , you do seem to get around the BE boards. Have you settled on a country at all yet?

Thanks BEVS here. I was not complaining what you told me about NZQA. I am glad you did that. That made me look for more info and I was able to find what I found. I am sorry if my message sounded negative. You seem to be the most knowledge person in this forum when it comes to NZIS issues and I was hoping that you would find my post and confirm me that I do not need to go through NZQA.

I am not settle anywhere, that is why I am trying to find a good place to settle where my family can have a good life. The way you wrote your question sounds like you have a problem me going around BE and asking questions about a couple of countries. What's the problem? Am I not allowed to post my message in more than one forum? I did not see anywhere on the BE website that says I cannot post my message more than one forum and I cannot explorer more than one country. Just for your information, I am still looking at Canada to see if it is the better choice for me than NZ.

Thanks for your time anyway.