NZQA Questions

Old Mar 2nd 2010, 11:58 am
Just Joined

bootlace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZQA Questions

Hi everyone,
this is my first post, though I have been hanging around reading posts for some time now! It is now time for us to start the process of applying for residency.

I visited the New Zealand immigration office in London last week explained my situation and all was very positive. The only downside is that my degree will require assessment by NZQA.

Could somebody please advise on the following regarding the NZQA process:

1. "certificate of completion of final year at a general or junior secondary school"
Im from the UK - does this mean they require evidence of my GCSE's? I have not seen these certificates in many years and no idea where they could be!

2. "degrees and diplomas"
I am applying to have my degree validated, I achieved this after 2 years at HND level and one further year to obtain the degree. I presume I will have to send transcripts of the HND and fnial degree year?

3. My other half has a degree from the Open University which is "Exempt from Assessment", however this was also achieved after 2 years at HND level (from a different establishment). Will this require assessment, or do we just need to send her final year degree certificate/transcript for the visa application?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZQA Questions

Hi, Can't answer all the questions, but I had the same thought about the GSCEs, so emailed a nice man (from NZQA) and he replied with ;
you don't need to enter GCSEs and A levels individually. Just ensure all the original certificates are included in the documents you send in.

You need to send the transcripts and certificates for all the degree bits.

Not sure about the last question at all....

Good luck!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:24 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bootlace
Hi everyone,
this is my first post, though I have been hanging around reading posts for some time now! It is now time for us to start the process of applying for residency.

I visited the New Zealand immigration office in London last week explained my situation and all was very positive. The only downside is that my degree will require assessment by NZQA.

Could somebody please advise on the following regarding the NZQA process:

1. "certificate of completion of final year at a general or junior secondary school"
Im from the UK - does this mean they require evidence of my GCSE's? I have not seen these certificates in many years and no idea where they could be!

2. "degrees and diplomas"
I am applying to have my degree validated, I achieved this after 2 years at HND level and one further year to obtain the degree. I presume I will have to send transcripts of the HND and fnial degree year?

3. My other half has a degree from the Open University which is "Exempt from Assessment", however this was also achieved after 2 years at HND level (from a different establishment). Will this require assessment, or do we just need to send her final year degree certificate/transcript for the visa application?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Log onto the NZQA website and have a quick read through what they want.

Then, send everything you've got that is relevant to the work that is getting you into NZ. If they don't want it, they'll ignore it but it's better to send everything that not enough. I sent all qualifications that could be assessed. If the exam board can be found on line, then it can be assessed.

I sent all my school and college qualifications as well as Btec, NVQ's and OND / HND but left the independent trade qualifications out, as these would have little or no impact on my points. I'm a mechanic by trade, so if it was taught at school or college, it can be assessed. If it were taught in a portacabin at a manufacturers own site, chances are it can't be assessed.

Good luck..
Old Mar 14th 2010, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

bootlace is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm...
so I have all my relevant certificates, however am unable to locate any of my GCSE certificates.

Should I just submit without?
Old Mar 14th 2010, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bootlace
hmmm...
so I have all my relevant certificates, however am unable to locate any of my GCSE certificates.

Should I just submit without?
I couldn't find mine either, I put down the subjects and Grades anyway. I think the tertiary education counts for more anyway