NZQA question - before I submit

Old Feb 20th 2011, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default NZQA question - before I submit

Just need some people's experiences before I take the final plunge and pay out for an IQA assessment - is it worth it?

I've had a PAR done which came back level 8 and NZIS state its too high and they require level 7 - therefore not comparable so I can't get bonus points.

However I'm hoping that by having the full assessment they may find 1. some comparability, 2. something in my other quals to get comparability 3. support me with employment opportunities for pay etc. 4. support me in the future if I re-submit my EOI with a job offer and it leads to ITA

Do you think these are good reasons to submit? No.3 &4 would be my main one as immigration keep telling me that it's doubtful they will accept anything based on my PAR and because of the new rules for 'comparability' that came out in recently (to coincide with my EOI!). NZIS provided me with a circular explaining this which I've tried to attach to a previous thread if anyone has concerns. Any thoughts/ideas or general pearls of wisdom would be gladly received!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 10:31 am
IT Auditor

Imaan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZQA question - before I submit

Originally Posted by Scousebird
Just need some people's experiences before I take the final plunge and pay out for an IQA assessment - is it worth it?

I've had a PAR done which came back level 8 and NZIS state its too high and they require level 7 - therefore not comparable so I can't get bonus points.

However I'm hoping that by having the full assessment they may find 1. some comparability, 2. something in my other quals to get comparability 3. support me with employment opportunities for pay etc. 4. support me in the future if I re-submit my EOI with a job offer and it leads to ITA

Do you think these are good reasons to submit? No.3 &4 would be my main one as immigration keep telling me that it's doubtful they will accept anything based on my PAR and because of the new rules for 'comparability' that came out in recently (to coincide with my EOI!). NZIS provided me with a circular explaining this which I've tried to attach to a previous thread if anyone has concerns. Any thoughts/ideas or general pearls of wisdom would be gladly received!

Hi, I also have same situation. I got Level-8 in PAR. Can I claim bonus points for Absolute Skill, or should I go for Full assessment. The result from PAR is not correct. Can u plz suggest me.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Re: NZQA question - before I submit

Originally Posted by Imaan
Hi, I also have same situation. I got Level-8 in PAR. Can I claim bonus points for Absolute Skill, or should I go for Full assessment. The result from PAR is not correct. Can u plz suggest me.
I can't suggest to you what to do as you take the chance of getting the same outcome but at a lot more expense. Since Nov 2010 NZIS have changed the rules over 'comparability' which I believe has had a massive impact on people trying to claim points via abolute shortage skill. I was forwarded a circular from immigration stating that you need to evidence your qualification is basically equal to NZ one. Which is theory probably won't happen unless you've done the NZ one. This is why I'm after advice on the pros and cons of having a full IQA. This is only a recent change.