British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA Qualification Assessment Report (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-qualification-assessment-report-495125/)

zummerzet_lou Nov 20th 2007 7:55 am

NZQA Qualification Assessment Report

I have finally got my assessment back .. and am gutted that for £250 I have 1 piece of paper that states my degree is equivalent to a level 7.

No-where does it mention what it majors in ... or anything else ... should it?

I'm concerned that NZIS are going to tell me I need it to say more ... within my ITA pack, the sheet that needs to be attached to the report says that the findings should be that my degree majors in Computer Science.

Please help,

Lou

KIRSTIE Nov 20th 2007 8:59 am

Re: NZQA Qualification Assessment Report

hi lou

ours is the same, but when you complete the ITA you need to put all your qualifications in etc, so i am sure that they will take all that into consideration, i think it is the level which is important.

with regards

kirstie

zummerzet_lou Nov 20th 2007 10:45 am

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE (Post 5577459)
hi lou

ours is the same, but when you complete the ITA you need to put all your qualifications in etc, so i am sure that they will take all that into consideration, i think it is the level which is important.

with regards

kirstie

does seem a bit of "money for the boys" ... they'd stated prior to EOI that a Beng (hons) from bournemouth Uni has been pre-assessed as level 7, but to claim points you have to effectively get it "re-assessed".

How I'd love NZQA profits!

BEVS Nov 20th 2007 7:26 pm

Emigration is a money churning business, that's for sure.

It's the NZ equivalent level for the degree that is all important.

simon-nall Nov 21st 2007 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE (Post 5577459)
hi lou

with regards

kirstie

hi kirsty
glad you finally got your assessment i thought it might be more than one bit of paper. still waiting for mine (hay ho). good luck with you ita application:thumbsup:

TeacherT Mar 8th 2008 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by simon-nall (Post 5585670)
hi kirsty
glad you finally got your assessment i thought it might be more than one bit of paper. still waiting for mine (hay ho). good luck with you ita application:thumbsup:

Hi, how long did it take for your assessment to come through?iv just sent mine off with the hope of travelling to nz in october time-will i have received it by then? thanks

Dustybin Mar 9th 2008 3:44 am

Originally Posted by TeacherT (Post 6035163)
Hi, how long did it take for your assessment to come through?iv just sent mine off with the hope of travelling to nz in october time-will i have received it by then? thanks

mine took about 3 months.. :blink:

TeacherT Mar 9th 2008 10:42 am

actually thats much better than I was anticipating!hopng to be on working holiday from october so that should be great, thanks very much!:thumbsup: