NZQA - Qualification

Old Aug 31st 2014, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

lomani is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation NZQA - Qualification

Dear All,
I have master of seismic engineering (Falls under catagory of Structural engineering) from Italy.
I also completed master of Civil Engineering and bachelor of civil engineering from Pakistan.
My master degree from Italy do not need any assessment. My Question is do i need to asses master & bachelor degree, i got from Pakistan.
If i need to asses all three degrees does it require separate fee for all degrees ?

Your kind and quick reply are awaited ..
Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2014, 7:18 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZQA - Qualification

my understanding, which could be wrong, is that you can only claim points for one qualification (?) so I would go with the one that gives you the best opportunity to gain points
Old Sep 1st 2014, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Thnks Mrs. Fychan
But I have one confusion for my Italian Master as falls under structure but it is not directly available on the list provided for long term skill Shortage ..
But The one which i got from Pakistan its directly available under the skill category ....
So, if i can get this cleared from any other resources it will exempt NZQA assessment..
My Italian Master is related to seismic engineering ...
Old Sep 1st 2014, 7:39 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry not sure but you would need to check the lists. If the establishment and qualification is not on the recognised lists then you would need to get the qualification assessed.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 1:34 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to claim points for a qualification in absolute shortage then you have to have the EXACT qualification on the list. This would mean getting it assessed by NZQA if it is not on the list of recognised qualifications.

I believe that the points for a qualification and the points for qual in absolute shortage do not have to be the same degree. What I'm saying is that you can claim 60 for your masters and the bonus points for your engineering degree [if assessed as comparable].

Are you claiming points for work experience? Is this in a comparable labour market? If not, then you would need to work for a multinational company or come under the LTSSL.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Ms Persephone so i will claim for 60points of my Master from Italy and 10 bonus point for of MY Engineering Degree as it fall under LTSSL ......

would you please explain bit what do u mean by comparable labour market ? I am claiming points for work experience too and its in Pakistan..
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

I have one more question ...
Do i need to attest photo copy of my degrees before sending to NZQA for PAR .?
Your quick response i awaited
Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 7:36 pm

Pakistan does not fall under the Comparable Labour Market unfortunately

Comparable labour market - New Zealand Immigration Service

and your qualification would have to be from one of these establishments to allow you to gain points

Italy
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 11:08 am
Just Joined

ahh So is there any agency from which i can asses the work experience gain in Pakistan .. as i am getting 15 marks for work experience and 10 marks for area of LTSSL..
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 11:25 am
Just Joined

hi,
MrsFychan to be correct .i can claim as came under LTSSL..

Recognised work experience - New Zealand Immigration Service
Old Sep 5th 2014, 2:14 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lomani
hi,
MrsFychan to be correct .i can claim as came under LTSSL..

Recognised work experience - New Zealand Immigration Service
That was my point. You must have the degree listed under the LTSSL [or work for a multinational company domiciled in a comparable labour market] in order to gain any points for work experience if it was not gained in a comparable labour market. This will mean getting the qualification assessed by NZQA if it is not on the list of recognised qualifications.
P
Old Sep 6th 2014, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Ms Persephone
Old Dec 9th 2014, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

rosey2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ms Persephone so i will claim for 60points of my Master from Italy and 10 bonus point for of MY Engineering Degree as it fall under LTSSL ......

would you please explain bit what do u mean by comparable labour market ? I am claiming points for work experience too and its in Pakistan..
Hi
i have friends working in Pakistan and they have got points based on their experience. The company you work for has to be a multi national to gain points for work exp in Pakistan.
I will be happy to assist any further.

Last edited by rosey2014; Dec 9th 2014 at 9:05 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2014, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

rosey2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have one more question ...
Do i need to attest photo copy of my degrees before sending to NZQA for PAR .?
Your quick response i awaited
Thanks
PAR doesnt require any documents of any kind. It is IQA the full assessment that requires your original transcripts degrees etc.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Lightbulb Re: NZQA - Qualification

Originally Posted by rosey2014
PAR doesnt require any documents of any kind. It is IQA the full assessment that requires your original transcripts degrees etc.
Thanks Rosey .. for your assistance ...I want to submit my EOI but I am little bit confused i am getting 130 points now but if i apply after 9 months it will be 140points ..Can any one advice should i submit EOI now or wait for more 9 months because after getting 140 points my EOI will autocratically selected ..

KR
Lomani

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.