NZQA pre-assessment time scale ?

Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default NZQA pre-assessment time scale ?

Me again with another question.

If one does an on-line NZQA pre-assessment , how long is it before the answer comes back please.
Does it come back via e-mail or by letter?

We didn't need to do this as Phils plumbing quals were assessed bt the PGDB but I am helping someone with their EOI form and they really need their overseas quals assessed .

Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:14 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZQA pre-assessment time scale ?

Originally Posted by BEVS here

If one does an on-line NZQA pre-assessment , how long is it before the answer comes back please.

We didn't need to do this as Phils plumbing quals were assessed bt the PGDB but I am helping someone with their EOI form and they really need their overseas quals assessed .

Thanks

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/for-internat...ult/index.html

Read towards the bottom
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:21 am
`

Ah ! Fanks for that. Have some Karma .

If all information requested in this application form is submitted correctly, a Pre-assessment Result will be issued to you within 10 working days of confirmation of receipt of the application fee. There is no fast track option available for this service.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

DTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really nice

Thanks
Just wandering....we were thinking about using the on-line service to have a look at our qualifications....is it worth doing ?.....nothing as high as degree's just national diploma's and certificates.........
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:42 am
`

Originally Posted by DTHarrop
Just wandering....we were thinking about using the on-line service to have a look at our qualifications....is it worth doing ?.....nothing as high as degree's just national diploma's and certificates.........
Put the quals up here first. Someone may be able to tell you more.

I'm using the assessment for a friends non-UK qual.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:43 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Are you in need of the points? and are the qualifications relevant to the points you are claiming ( job!)?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

DTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really nice

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Are you in need of the points? and are the qualifications relevant to the points you are claiming ( job!)?
Well...David has a few job applications out at the moment and we are waiting to see if we can go through the route of, work to residence, as he is a hr manager but without his IPD.....his qualification is only a National diploma in Business.

Mine is a National diploma in hotel management.....and a certificate in social science...

Not sure if these could be included as a basic qual??

Regards

Tina
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Well...David has a few job applications out at the moment and we are waiting to see if we can go through the route of, work to residence, as he is a hr manager but without his IPD.....his qualification is only a National diploma in Business.

Mine is a National diploma in hotel management.....and a certificate in social science...

Not sure if these could be included as a basic qual??

Regards

Tina

Oops....i forgot CPP- Certificate in personnel practice........
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Oops....i forgot CPP- Certificate in personnel practice........

Try looking here,
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ifications.htm

it should have all the answers. Have you filled in your EOI yet or calculated how many points you have?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Try looking here,
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ifications.htm

it should have all the answers. Have you filled in your EOI yet or calculated how many points you have?
We haven't done an EOI as yet, as we keep waiting ( & hoping) a job offer will come through, as I can't see HR management as being on the long or short term shortage lists.....unless I am missing something, and as David hasn't got a degree I take it he can't be classed as skilled, so the job offer is where we can pick up the points........unless NZQA recognize any of our qualifications.....I have a feeling that it would be money well spent to clarify whether they do count.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks

Hi Bev

I did my pre-assessment recently and you need to add a week or two to the time scale they give you. The answer comes back the way you request it. I got mine by e-mail.

Alison