British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA Pre-Assessment Result (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-pre-assessment-result-802459/)

nishantmehta2005 Jul 10th 2013 9:38 am

NZQA Pre-Assessment Result

Greetings!!

I am an ACCA Member who has finished Bsc. In Applied Accounting & Finance. I filled in the relevant NZQA Pre-assessment online forms and paid online for it. This was on 13th June 2013.

Under supporting qualifications I put my ACCA Qualification, My CPA (K) And other qualifications including my working experience.

I put in all contact numbers, emails and everything for the University, College and all the rest of the and I just got my NZQA Pre-assessment result and it says

Pre-assessment Result:

The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) has not been able to establish the accreditation status of the study institution (Oshwal College) where you completed the qualification you have applied to have pre-assessed.

On the evidence available, therefore, the NZQA is unable to assess this qualification as comparable to any level of learning outcome as defined in the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.

I am so unhappy and very frustrated by this. I dont even think they bothered checking the college or any other qualifications. I have written back to them today. But has anything like this happened to any one before? I strongly feel that they dint even look at my application properly. I have 360 credits from the Oxford Brookes University but dont know what will happen now!!

Any Suggestions on what course of action I should follow?:confused::confused:

Persephone Jul 10th 2013 5:54 pm

Re: NZQA Pre-Assessment Result

The only thing I can think of is to apply for an IQA which is where you send all the supporting documents and transcripts to NZQA. It is however more expensive and may or may not give you a definitive answer.
However I have had little experience of dealing with NZQA so someone else may be able to help you further.

nishantmehta2005 Jul 11th 2013 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10793511)
The only thing I can think of is to apply for an IQA which is where you send all the supporting documents and transcripts to NZQA. It is however more expensive and may or may not give you a definitive answer.
However I have had little experience of dealing with NZQA so someone else may be able to help you further.

Dear Persephone,

Thank You For your reply. I think let me go for the IQA, It is quite expensive!! But lets see how they assess it. I think I'll just let them have the full 35 days so that we can finish this off.

I am just hoping its sorted out.

Regards,

Nishant

Shoaib hassan May 3rd 2014 5:44 pm

Hi Nishant,

I am Also ACCA Qualified (2011) now m doing Job in Dubai.
I complete My ACCA from London, LCA. m also thinking to apply for immigration to NZ. I would like to know about ur Result of the NZQA Qualification assessment for ACCA. please let me now, ACCA is recognized in NZ , and can we apply for immigration to NZ. whats ur status now.
Take Care

bassaniobroke Nov 3rd 2014 4:06 am

Hi friends, I am in the same boat, i.e done Bsc in applied accounting from Oxford Brookes University ( a joint program of ACCA and OB University). Has any one got silver fern search visa on the basis of this degree. Thanks;)

lomani Nov 23rd 2014 6:51 am

Hi Nishant what did you get after assessment from IQA ?