NZQA/NVQ

Old May 25th 2009, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

chippy-steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZQA/NVQ

Hello,
Can anyone give me advice please on whether there is any truth that I can gain points by getting a level 3 nvq in Carpentry, I have 30 years experience but no qualification. Will the NZQA recognise a recently gained qualification,
or are the Migration agents just telling me porkies to get me to sign up?
Old May 25th 2009, 7:48 pm
Newbie to NZ

Lizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NZQA/NVQ

Hi Chippy-Steve

We spoke recently you may recall. We are in a very similar situation to yourself in so much that my other half served an in-house apprenticeship, has nearly 30 years experience, but no actual qualification. We have toyed with this very option in a bid to get something on paper, but it was a few weeks ago before these I knew anything about these changes. At the time, the type of qualification they were looking for as something comparable was a C&G pts 1 & 2 BUT it had to be done as part of an apprenticeship with an approved awarding body. We dismissed the NVQ route but if anyone knows the answer to this, it may be worth us revisiting.

that someone knows.

LB
Old May 25th 2009, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

chippy-steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZQA/NVQ

Hi LB,
I was assured by an MA that this was acceptable by NZQA, and I can see that the apprenticeship route was a requirement, but not everyone could get an apprenticeship when I was learning, so I am hoping that the MA isn't conning me, and that experience and a retrospective qualification is enough for the NZQA.
Will let you know if I find out more.

Steve.