NZQA Level 4 assessment

Old May 6th 2010, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default NZQA Level 4 assessment

Hi there,

I have submitted my IQA assessment with NZQA for my 4 qualifications which I am hoping it will come back as being assessed Level 4 or maybe 5 as I have an Australian "Diploma of Business Administation".

I was reading the EOI guide under "Points for recognised qualifications" and and it says:

Qualifications assessed as occupying level four on the Register qualify for 50 points if they are assessed by the NZQA and are:
i. relevant to an occupation listed at part B or part C of the List of Skilled Occupations (see Appendix 11) and
ii. not included on the list of Excluded Qualifications -
which is Level 4 qualifications that are not a New Zealand National Certificate (or compared to a New Zealand National Certificate by the NZQA).'

If my assessment comes back as Level 4, does that mean I won't be able to claim points? If it comes back as Level 5 (because I have a diploma), I would be able to claim points?

It's getting very confusing and I keep reading and reading over to get a clear answer! Hope anyone can clear this up for me???

Cheers,
Claire