NZQA Letter..verf in progress

Old Jul 24th 2011, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Ahmed_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZQA Letter..verf in progress

Dear All,

Yesterday, I was received this letter from NZQA (Verif_Hold_Letter_Applicant.doc) after around 1 month of submitting my application. Can any one pls tell me is it not so late ? because they are now going to start verification while their time is near to lapse ? My application is of normal priority.

Any idea after how many days of submitting application ppl get this letter ?

--------------------------------
"
The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) is now verifying (checking) the documents and other information that you provided with your application. Part of this verification process involves an exchange of correspondence between NZQA and third parties.

Any contact that NZQA makes with other organisations as part of the verification process must remain confidential. You must not become involved in the process unless requested by NZQA.
"
---------------------------------

Thanks

Last edited by Ahmed_2010; Jul 24th 2011 at 5:21 am.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Default Re: NZQA Letter..verf in progress

Anyone can please reply for the above thread ?

Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2011, 11:55 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

It's disappointing that noone replied to you. I can understand that you are probably trying to get a better life in a fantastic country like NZ.

There is a fast track option for which you pay extra about 350NZD or so. If you had not taken that path, then things are slower. With the verification process, its a dodgy one.

They send you a letter requesting verification in post or to your address. So you need to have the best address that you check frequently. If not, you get the verification late.

Normally the verification request should come in a few weeks, maybe 3-4 and you can get the verification done by your qualification institution/university in a few days and the result faxed or couriered to NZ in 5 days altogether (for the whole process).

Also, they don't seem to email you. Be smart, ask who the case officer is, get the email and communicate via email to speed up things.

Under normal priority, you can't expect to expedite the process by much. Now run around a bit and get this verification done. You need to pay an ADDITIONAL fee to the university and they will then privately send the verification as part of maintaining integrity. Follow this up rigorously with your uni to see that they have sent the verification once you have paid.

So don't worry about what has happened, but what you need to do next. Next, you apply your EOI ONLINE and trends are not kind for those who less than 140 points or those without job offers at the moment. For eg. 110-120 pointers will get less priority for possibily several months until the end of the year.

So all the best if you are just about to start your EOI which will take upto 6 weeks at worst or 2 weeks at best or 6 months as an ultimate worst off time. Then you wait upto a month to get the ITA. Apply the main application with so many requirements which takes a couple of weeks to transfer to branches and wait 6-9 months for a finalization DEPENDING on the branch (that time is a stipulation for the Auckland branch).

Keep following your application (not persistently or too much to annoy the immigration) or with in appropriate time to see if your application is not mishandled in any way.

I wrote more than expected. But if it's relevant as well, then you can take note.

All the best. Also remember payment processing takes a couple of days too.

Originally Posted by Ahmed_2010
Dear All,

Yesterday, I was received this letter from NZQA (Verif_Hold_Letter_Applicant.doc) after around 1 month of submitting my application. Can any one pls tell me is it not so late ? because they are now going to start verification while their time is near to lapse ? My application is of normal priority.

Any idea after how many days of submitting application ppl get this letter ?

--------------------------------
"
The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) is now verifying (checking) the documents and other information that you provided with your application. Part of this verification process involves an exchange of correspondence between NZQA and third parties.

Any contact that NZQA makes with other organisations as part of the verification process must remain confidential. You must not become involved in the process unless requested by NZQA.
"
---------------------------------

Thanks

Last edited by robbyarg; Jul 28th 2011 at 11:59 am.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

I've not fully understood what you are asking so I hope my response is useful.

When my EOI time frame was running out and my NZQA was still being verified my assessor at NZQA stated they would email my case officer at NZIS and advise them the outcome of the assessment - although they would not tell me the outcome.

NZIS accepted this. Hope it helps.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 5:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks 'R' and 'S', replies are really helpful. I was put my case for NZQA after getting the ITA.

PAR -> EOI -> ITA -> NZQA

Thanks.